The Traxosi Ten-TMaxx Project - A Losi powered T-Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10 Gauge

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This is a project my best friend is working on. He was so impressed by how well the 3.4 in my Ten-T runs that he decided to swap out his TRX 3.3 for one.

This is not 100% complete, the final plans include the addition of ROSS remote start, but he couldn't wait to give it a try so we just rocked it with the regular EZ-Start for it's first run.

Here's what we have now:
-Traxxas T-Maxx (3.3 size)
-Losi 3.4 Motor
-Traxxas EZ-Start motor custom fitted to Losi 3.4
-Homemade exhaust header built from copper pipe fittings and brazed together

Still planned (for remote start):
-Losi ROSS control unit
-LiPo conversion
-TRX TQ 2.4ghz extra channel transmitter mod

Pix:
5593852630_4b3bcb6479_z.png
5593852608_eb0fb68f61_z.png
5593852540_a90a819299_z.png
5593852522_1fdb25f14d_z.png
5593262825_95bd1d0362_z.png
5593852462_9c35b3e288_z.png
5593262787_5271380a76_z.png

Maiden voyage video (in 1080p @ full screen): [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6-hteZwqM&hd=1"]YouTube - Traxxas T-Maxx powered by a Losi 3.4[/ame]

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed. :)

Last edited:
Well the video would be nice to see ? ? ? But, the install looks really clean. I am not a fan of any electric start systems. I must be getting old love my pull starts. Less weight. :first_place:

i would like to see some pics of the custom built header!
does the losi engine have a small block footprint ot bid block?

Is that red that is all over the truck just the color of dirt that it is most run in? It almost looks like it's covered in rust, but rust wouldn't form on plastics.

Nice setup, it sounds hungry for a 3rd gear :hehe:

Am I the only one that can't get the vid?

Edit= I need to learn how to scroll sideways I guess.

Sweet vid

Last edited:
Well the video would be nice to see ? ? ? But, the install looks really clean. I am not a fan of any electric start systems. I must be getting old love my pull starts. Less weight. :first_place:

Vid is there at the bottom of the first post, but we have a new vid now. :D See the bottom of this post for the new vid, the motor now has a peak power tune on it.

I think you'll wear a trench in the asphalt with those 'shiny side slides'. Great power.

:hehe: No doubt! Check out the new vid, real balls!

i would like to see some pics of the custom built header!
does the losi engine have a small block footprint ot bid block?

I will try and grab some better pix of the header this weekend or next weekend depending on when we go out to the bashing pit for you. The Losi 3.4 is a smallblock footprint. Takes some case grinding to get it to fit on the T-Maxx engine mounts. The EZ-Start also has to be heavily ground to fit inside of the rear of the motor and not have any collisions.

Is that red that is all over the truck just the color of dirt that it is most run in? It almost looks like it's covered in rust, but rust wouldn't form on plastics.
Yup, that's just dirt.

Looks like southern red clay, to me.

5593852462_9c35b3e288_z.png
You are the winner! Good ol' VA red clay. :first_place:

Nice setup, it sounds hungry for a 3rd gear :hehe:
It would be bloody friggin' fast with a 3rd gear!

Am I the only one that can't get the vid?

Edit= I need to learn how to scroll sideways I guess.

Sweet vid
Thanks, now check out the new one, hope you enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if9K3cERiQE&hd=1"]YouTube - Losi 3.4 Powered Traxxas T-Maxx - Power Tuned! VICIOUS![/ame]

Thats tight! I can almost hear the rear diff yelling at you to stop!

Thats awsome nice work guys.

The wheelie bar ended up being a necessity, and it's much more fun on road now with the wheelie bar. :D

@dub c: It won't be long before the rear is toast. hahaha

Back