the "secret project"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcnut14

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
img_1515-jpg.jpg

Ok, so as some of u guys may know, I have a secret project now. so, today, I'm going to show it to u. this is an ertl 8420 john deere. as some of u know, I am a farmer. this was something that I saw on rcsparks. he has an articulating that he started, but never finished. I'm open to suggestions on how just to convert it to rc. I'm thinking of a 1/10 trail truck drivetrain? ill probably go with a 34t brushed motor, and I have an old duratrax esc that ill use. I'm not sure about the radio yet, I depends on what accessories I put on it. I'm going with beadlocks for the tires/rims, and I'm trying to find a small nimh battery pack. is there a small 7.2v nimh pack out there? so, ill have to buy some stuff. I'm waiting on my paycheck, so it might be a little while until I start converting it. I hope to start tearing it down soon. ill keep u guys posted!

Pic doesn't how for me. Cool idea though. I started a scale build for a New Holland hay stacker a few years ago but never went anywhere with it.

Almost anything can be converted to RC if you have the time and talent. Your project would need a special trans since you need power and not speed for those big wheels.

An SCX-10 transmission would be fine as it is locked and can handle up to 2.2 wheels and tires.

An MOA (Motor On Axle) setup would work well also.

^^^^that's what I meant. sorry, I didn't know what to call it.

what size brushed motor should I use? would a 35t work good?

A 35t would be fine. Most MOA set ups use a 540-sized motor.

It will have more torque than the 35t you asked about, but will turn more slowly for a given voltage than the 35t.

My SCX-10 ran a 55t originally and it would barely do 2-3 mph flat out on 2s LiPo. The same ESC/Battery would about 5-6 mph on my 26t motor.

RC4WD offers a 35t for 11.99, just bought one :)

Back