The science of Rocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webbage

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
We probably all spend a deal of time wandering around on rocks. Rock crawling is, after all, pretty fruitless without them. Success in a comp or just satisfying results on a leisurely crawl depend on knowing the grip and characteristics of what you are crawling over. That's why I, as a Geology Major (BSc Hons, no less), would like to humbly offer my services to you good folks to help you read the rocks.

What could possibly make any difference? Well a few examples are wet rocks have different surface grip than dry ones, but that grip depends a lot on the texture and the hardness of the rocks. Grain size of the rock will affect it's surface grip also, course stuff will generally be grippier, fine stuff slicker. Consolidation of the rock dictates wether it holds together when you are climbing over it, and wether there is a lot of loose of flaky material around that you might slip on - this is even more true in hot or cold (as opposed to temperate) climates.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, but it's something I spent 3 years doing, so I'm not too bad at it. Hit me up if you have any rock-related questions. I am a rock GEEK.

I have one question. How do I get my rocks off.................my mind? It seem as of lately, All I think about is rock crawling. LOL!!

LOL! I did,but only got one response & "Bubba's" not my type!!

Need to get your rocks off your mind? Try taking them off the top of your head, trust me it'll be a weight off your mind ;)

I'm all up for challenging Bubba to a 'deep voice' contest (os opposed to deep... oh wait yeah OTHER FORUM, sorry), I'm pretty sure I'd beat him there.

Anyway I'm going back to rebuilding axles...

The humour in this thread's so low it's almost Pre-Cambrian :p

Back