The Revo was fun while it lasted.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrostoned

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
:hehe:Well today I decided to break the revo in. So, I go threw the tanks and all is well. The only problem was caught befor any harm was done, the sipper came a little loose and got hot... but the spur gear was saved and the slipper tightened :first_place:. So half way through tank 5, It slid off the snow track I made into powdery oblivion. Then I see it fly up right into the ONLY tree on my property!!! The tree is an r/c magnet! So I dont notice any thing truck still drives. I continue the break in for this tank. Then I see it! Get this! the control arms on the right front are both okay but the suspension pin broke and the top arm came off. Lost the shims. Bulk head is cracked all over and the bulkhead tiebar is bent.:hehe: Looks like there will be a trip to the lhs tuesday. I hope they have the bulkhead tiebars!

ran it too hard for break in... lol... i broke an A arm by clipping my brick landscape around my tree today... it seemed like a good jump while i was showing it off... couldnt have clipped the brick better had i planned it

HaHa, I figured I had a couple of brand new 3.3's laying around and I thought I might actually follow traxxas's break in plan. So the 5th tank is full throttle over 3 seconds hold for two seconds then brake. I guess I followed it "then brake" (break) :hehe:

BRAKE... break .... haha... potato... potahto... lol

after about 30 minutes I got the whole front end apart. Heres what I found...

Bulkhead-cracked all over
suspension pins- both tops bent/bottoms are ok
Bulkhead tiebar- bent
The holes for the suspension pins on the front portion of the skid/shocktower are oval
shocktower is bent (yes its plastic,the little part to retain the susppension pin is bent forward)

Thats is all of the damage.

The revo is so easy to take apart fast I think this will be good for racing.

Back