The newest member to my addiction...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImBroken

Still Lurking...
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
The UPS guy just dropped her off... Needless to say, I'm in my happy place at the moment.... :w00t:

ProSpec1.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic, lent out my camera..

not fair. Have fun and post build pics.

WOAH!!!!!
Nice!! That was some fast shipping.
You better get your camera back, and do a build thread.
What ever you do, don't make it faster than my Kanai III.
I have an ego problem.

RatzoRC said:
WOAH!!!!!
What ever you do, don't make it faster than my Kanai III.
I have an ego problem.
Don't worry, He'll never be able to get it started. :violin:

OK Ratzo wheres that $5 you promised me to say that? =devil

Oh I'm stoked... The contents of this kit, are truly impressive... It figures, my digi cam is at my mom's... I'll be sure to take detailed pics of the build.. I have to pick up a few more essentials before I start the build..
You have some competition Ratzo... See ya in Va.... lol

FastEddy said:
Don't worry, He'll never be able to get it started. :violin:

OK Ratzo wheres that $5 you promised me to say that? =devil

As far as servos go, I'm still undecided... All I've ever used were Hitec's... I may look at a higher end JR for the steering.. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your vote of confidence Ed... lol
The one thing I never checked on that mill, was the engagement of the Fioroni sliding clutch... Could that have caused it to die at a higher RPM like it was doing ??? Hmmm

ImBroken said:
You have some competition Ratzo... See ya in Va.... lol

Well after I get it tuned for you, And get done loosening the steering (cause you'll make it too tight), and adjust your linkage and.......

Nice...it will be good to not have the only Mugen at the bash.

What mill are you planning on dropping into it?

As for the HiTec servos, they work just fine in the buggy. I have two digitals in mine and have only had small issues with frying one of them. Water and digital servos not a good mixture. :D

I have an airtronics in mine, can't think of the number off the top of my head, buts its got 200oz at .06sec, and this is going to sound wierd, but its too fast. It doesn't' turn it cuts. Its hard to get used to.

congrats on the Mugen!! Lucky Bastard. I guess you and SKYMAXX will be the Mugen Team huh? No more OFNA? Hope you do a great Comparison to the PCR PRO.

I'm hoping to drop a REX P5 in this bad boy... I may just go with a Hitec 5945 for the steering.. I'll have to a little more research.. I really want to do this up right the first time.... :thumbsup:

Hey IMB, what are you doing with the Ofna ride now?

Oh, and if you need engine tuning help you can always send it to me for a week or 4 so I can get it in tip top running shape for you. :D

Alright, alright... There was something wrong with that mill... I'm still not sure what it is, but my tuning skills aren't that bad... lol
The Ofna might hang around as a basher, but I may just put it up for sale as a roller to offset the cost on the Mugen build.. Interested Darth?

ImBroken said:
Alright, alright... There was something wrong with that mill... I'm still not sure what it is, but my tuning skills aren't that bad... lol
The Ofna might hang around as a basher, but I may just put it up for sale as a roller to offset the cost on the Mugen build.. Interested Darth?

I would be interested but
1) Not many places race 1/8 scale around here.
2) I'm going to be picking up a TC3 racer sometime soon.
Thanks for first dibs!!

I had to rag on you about your tuning skills. :D Maybe there was an air leak? Normally if you have as much of a problem getting an engine to run like you had it's not a tuning problem. Something else is probably wrong.

Send it to me, let me build it RIGHT, then I'll break it in properly for you, and after several months of running it, tweaking it and adjusting everything for you, I'll send it back to you when it's too cold to go outside.
All seriousness aside, I'd do that for you.

I'm running the 5645 on steering and the 5625 on throttle/brakes. Plenty of oomph where it is needed and plenty of speed where it is needed...at least as far as this basher is concerned.