The monster truck of all monster trucks!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you make me some rims?

Those are some fine rims !!!How long does it take to machine 4 rims ???

Yes, I machined those wheels & rims out of 3.5" 6061 and it's a lot of work! As far as making a set to sell, they would be very expensive, somewhere in the neighborhood of $275+. Beadlocks would be even more. I know what you're thinkin', "That's a lot of shkudas!", but, it's a lot of work, too, and they'd be originals. To do a set of 4 would take about a month, as I do this in my spare time......that's why it's taking so long to get this truck done.

...so you are doing all of the custom machining by yourself? Nice job man! That truck is pretty cool!..take that back..WAY COOL!!!

These are some of the latest pix.

Attachments

• front480.jpg
    front480.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 302

Attachments

• rear480.jpg
    rear480.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 266

Attachments

• side480.jpg
    side480.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 278
Holy Sheit I can get some for 80 bucks at rc-parts.com

Anyway you got a real nice machine now lets see some video!

Yes, you can and they are super nice looking wheels and you can't beat that price!!! I'm not looking to compete with those or any one else's, for that matter.

Won't be any vids for a while, hafta talk the old ball & chain into letting me get a vid cam.

I think the price is fair. You have to look at it like nobody else will have your rims EVER. Great job Jack, that MT is definately the coolest out there.

Whats with the swiches in the rear pic. You have hydrolics in there or somtin??? Turn it into a lowrider when your not bashing??

Hey! Now, there's a thought!! A lowrider with hydraulics!! :breakdown
Those switches, one is for main power and the other is for on-board ignition. No hand-held glow heater here! That would necessitate cutting the body, which will be shipped out this week, according to the painter, an '03 Dodge Ram. The digital readout in the center is a temp gauge.

Wow, I just looked up "The Schiznit" in websters, and there was your truck. That is one sweet piece of work dude. My dad has a metal shop in his basement and I'd love to cut parts, but he's into machining steam engines. What equipment are you using? Mills, lathes, etc....

Thanks, Error401.

The machine I'm using is a Smithy 1220LTD; it's both a mill & lathe. I'd rather have separate units, but, there is no room in my shop for them. I'm satisfied with my Smithy, tho, it does have limitiations, such as table travel and I've only incurred this once and that was milling the frame. All 'n all, not a bad machine.

Maybe you can make parts when your dad isn't using the machines.

That's the sweeetest looking r/c I've EVER seen!:whhooo:

How much did your machine cost and do you need to take a class on machining to make stuff?

Thanks, NASCARnut. If you're looking to get a machine, by all means, look into a course at a community college, tho, I didn't, but, I might....somewhere down the line. :shrug:

Dude, if you havn't heard of Rudy Koufus (sp?) get some of his books/videos. That guy is old school and old as dirt, but he was born to cut metal. Cutting metal is an art and a science. Aluminum (from what I understand) is a real pain to cut right. It tends to goober up on bits and cutters. Again, very nice work on your project.

Never heard of Rudy Koufus(sp?). Aluminum a pain to cut? Definitely not! Working with aluminum is a pleasure! If it's clogging the cutter, then the speed is too fast, as is the feed.
Thanks for the compliments!

ps If you can get the correct spelling of this fella "Rudy", I'd like to do a little search on him.

His name is Rudy Kouhaupt, but a google search brought up little. He does articles in HSM (Home Shop Machinist?). I'll talk to dad and see if I can get more info for ya.

thats friggin awesome how long to build:OMG:

Back