The Mayhem Pro, ARR, and RTR are out!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This is the new buggy from SportWerks

swk1100-450.jpg

Product Features
Threaded shock bodies
Sealed differentials with steel gears
Extra-long suspension arms
Color-coded throttle/brake linkage
Aluminum pivot ball front suspension
Tough aluminum chassis
Pretrimmed and mounted clear polycarbonate body
Factory-built to exacting specifications

swk1150-01-450.jpg

swk1150-02-450.jpg

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/ProdInfo/Gallery/swk1150-03-450.jpg

swk1100-01-450.jpg

swk1100-02-450.jpg

swk1100-04-450.jpg

The first time you see this no-compromise Sportwerks™ buggy in action, you’ll absolutely understand why we had to call it "Mayhem." The new 1/8-scale 4-wheel-drive Mayhem Pro™ is dialed for maximum excitement and minimum maintenance. And unlike other almost-ready-to-run buggies, this one is factorybuilt to exacting race specifications.
Led by a lightened and scalloped hard-anodized aluminum chassis, the Mayhem Pro offers racing features unlike those you’ll find on similar buggies. For instance, hard-anodized threaded shock bodies, which usually are available only as hop-ups, feature machined aluminum adjuster nuts with an internal O-ring that guarantees a perfect fit to the shock body. 3.5mm shock shafts add durability.

The differentials feature steel gears and O-ring seals, since handling and performance can be tuned when the differentials are filled with various viscosities of silicone oil. Ultra-long suspension arms allow the Mayhem Pro to soak up the bumps better and to be easily tuned to almost any track condition. The extremely tough race-ready chassis is made from 3mm thick 7075-T6 aluminum alloy and is hard-anodized for the ultimate in wear resistance. Heavy-duty anodized shock towers, radio trays and chassis braces feature a scalloped and lightened design.

For looks, the clear polycarbonate body is factory trimmed and mounted with fuel tank and cylinder head holes already trimmed out. Just paint the body, remove the protective film, install the radio, and the Mayhem Pro is dialed for racing.

If you’re into speed, power and engineering excellence, there’s no greater value than the most innovative 1/8 buggy ever created—the new Mayhem Pro from Sportwerks.

swk1100-06-450.jpg

swk1100-07-450.jpg

I like this hinged radio box

swk1100-09-450.jpg

swk1100-10-450.jpg

swk1100-11-450.jpg

swk1100-13-450.jpg

swk1100-14-450.jpg

swk1100-16-450.jpg

Tech Notes
You will need...· .21, .26-size rear exhaust engine with SG-type crankshaft
· 1/8 scale buggy exhaust system
· 2 or 3 channel car radio w/ 2 servos
· 5 cell rechargeable RX pack
· R/C polycarbonate body paint

Specifications
Scale: 1/8
Length: 19.4 in (492mm)
Width: 12.2 in (310mm)
Wheelbase: 12.8-13 in (325-330mm)
Weight: 7.6 lb (3.4 kg)
Kit/RTR: ARR

ARR Maunal PDF

Source www.horizonhobby.com

Any idea's on the cost yet? I have a buddy looking to get buggy.

Not bad looking at all. Another nice looking new buggy to hit the market.:tophat:

is that from Werks racing? If it is that is one badass ride.

In my understanding Werks Racing (RC importer) is not SportWerks who is the maker of this buggy.

My bad. I jumped to conclusions on that... didn't even stop to think that. :stupid::eek:pps:

It looks like it has a lot of nice features. CV's all around. Very clean setup. I like it.
I bet the parts will be pretty easy to get since it's Horizon's buggy.

HumboldtBlazer said:
In my understanding Werks Racing (RC importer) is not SportWerks who is the maker of this buggy.

A Mod and already given me the Bitch slap! Lol :jk: Thanks for the clarification.

Thats a nice looking buggy, it looks solid. There is an artical in my mag, I will have to read it.

Wow, looks a nice buggy! Just waiting to swee the price!

Yeah, curious to see how much it will be.

jon2 said:
A Mod and already given me the Bitch slap! Lol :jk: Thanks for the clarification.

How is that a bitch slap? I am wrong to, we all have misconceptions.

the buggy is $550 for the rtr $529 ARR w/ engine and and $389 ARR w/out engine. IT looks awesome and the price isnt bad either.

Frank

Nah, price isn't bad at all. Interesting to see it in person, that's for sure. :arrr:

Honestly, I don't see (or read) much difference from say an Ofna 9.5 Pro or Violator feature-wise. Or for that matter anything more than most other Mfg's top of the line buggies.

Nothing that makes me want to dump my current buggies or pick the Mayhem as my first/next buggy....

Fit, quality, overall performance, materials, craftsmanship, detail work that is too small to be notable but goes a very long way. For example... let's say you have two buggy companies making a buggy with pivot ball suspension, it looks the same right? But the balls could be larger in one (get your mind out of the gutter!), the materials could be better... less prone to snapping because they used a less brittle composite, the bearings used could be larger or better... I mean, it goes on and on. Just because they both use "Pivot ball suspension" means nothing when you compare them side by side... that is where the price comes from.

Have there been any test on the Mayhem? How do you think a Mayhem with a Hyper .21 race engine would compare to a Hyper 7 PCR? Going to buy one of the two, just don't know which.

I didn't read it, but I think there is a write-up in the newest RC Driver magazine on the Mayhem.

Rebeldude said:
Have there been any test on the Mayhem? How do you think a Mayhem with a Hyper .21 race engine would compare to a Hyper 7 PCR? Going to buy one of the two, just don't know which.

Yea, I'll prob. do the same. But what I want to know about the buggy is how many diff gears it has in each diff.

Back