The first body that I've ever painted

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miller

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I painted this Proline Revo Baja Bug body for my Thunder Tiger MT4-G3 with rattle cans last night. It's the first body that I've ever painted so there are a few mistakes but I like the way that it came out and I learned a few things not to do for next time. I had scratched the windows because I was going to tint them with Pactra window tint but it was coming out really chunky on the trimmed off pieces that I was practicing on. Also found out that you need to use Pactra's special clear coat, that I don't have, or it will eat the other paint so I just left them clear.

I used Tamiya PS-23 Gun Metal and Pactra RC250 Outlaw Black.

You can click on the picture to see a larger view. There a couple more in my photostream too.

8421939062_2f87f16d17.jpg
8420846395_52dec991b7.jpg

8421943218_b7d0d7584a.jpg
8421944494_b2e85aa953.jpg

8420848367_eccc152e3b.jpg

Last edited:
nice job looks good

Very good job! Love the gunmetal and black combo. Looks slick and clean.

Wow thats NICE with that color combo!! Those tires are so scalish and tall, what are they? BADASSNESS good job.

Thanks everyone.

Those are the stock tires, which are great, without the fake beadlock. I believe they are 6.25".

Looks amazing! where are the rear body posts?

Looks amazing! where are the rear body posts?

No posts yet. They will be on the flat part, same as the Revo. I'm waiting on this custom made part that attaches to the wheelie bar. The stock posts are on the top of the wheelie bar which lines up with the curved up section in the back.

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

The gun metal is backed with the same black as the fenders. I masked the fenders and painted the gun metal first. When I was spraying the black I made sure to cover the whole body.

Alright thanks, I like the way that came out and I have a can of the tamiya gun metal I am going to use on a on road body. I was just going to back it with white but I'm thinking Black now

Yah the black backing is the way to go, really gave that gunmetal a luster! Gonna use it with my Orange and Green on my next paint sceme!

well done ! love the gunmetal !!!!! very nice job for your first lid !

Back