The End of an Era

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Yesterday, I spent all day at the on-road track at our LHS's old location for the last race. It was a fun day spent with friends with the best turn out they've had in the year that I've been showing up there. The track is going away to make room for a super-type department store. This track has been in operation at the same location since 1993 with regular races every other weekend. So for now there isn't an on-road track in the area that I know of. It really kind of sad to see it go.:(

Dang, man, that really sucks. Even in Tampa it's a pain to find good tracks. Is the LHS going to open up a new location?

So did the department store buy out the land or did the LHS go out of business for financial reasons?

The lhs has moved to a new location because the strip center where the track was located has been bought by the department store. The owners are talking about eventually opening a new track.

Well, that's good. It's certainly better than them going out of business.

Back