The c5H Custom Dual Rear Exhaust Pipe for the Savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSPGuy2190

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
i know the title says for savage but i wanted to asked about all trucks in general

are rear exhausts gud? or just a bling item

c5H600x250titleimage.jpg :D

i do like it but whats everyones thoughts :\

Hi,
On my hpi 106364, Savage X 4.6 Big Block, I love the polished aluminum single exhaust pipe.
It sounds so damn loud and angry, I just love it's growl.

Chas

just wondering I'm gunna get a savage x 4.6 next year and was wondering if the dual exhaust is any good ?

just wondering I'm gunna get a savage x 4.6 next year and was wondering if the dual exhaust is any good ?

Hi,
Sure it looks good, but does it help deliver more power to the engine?
I'd love to hear it roar, or purr... who know what it will sound like at high rev?
I learned to love the look of these Savage X with the side mounted exhaust.
Where is the pressure tube back to the gas tank on those double units?

Chas

Hi,
That looks different from the first pic, the small middle pipes are horizontal.
Here they are sticking up vertically.
By the way, duel exhaust isn't probably needed on these tiny nitro engines?
Aside from looking unique, is there really a purpose aside from esthetics?

That would look great on a VW model too though!!

Chas

Last edited:
so whats ur calling the savage x 4.6 Big Block 4.6cc a tiny nitro engine , the same engine u have in yr savage x

Big Block

so whats ur calling the savage x 4.6 Big Block 4.6cc a tiny nitro engine , the same engine u have in yr savage x

Hi,
I didn't mean that in a negative way, I'm stating a fact.
We aren't talking 327cu/in and such. Sure my 4.6 is considered a big block, but small in comparison.
I'd love to see one close up and I would definitely like to hear one run.

Chas

Hmmm,
It sounds very similar, just like mine does now!
But it sounds great. I would Imagine in real life it's a real screamer!
I'm only a neighborhood Basher I guess, so it's probably not something I would need or want. But that's not to say others won't jump all over it.

If you like it, for your new Savage X, buy one. Smile

Chas

Last edited:
I think it's purely bling honestly. There's basically no header now either, as it's just a straight shot into the pipe. I think it looks neat but I also think it won't perform any better, if not worse.

The guy in the video is also running a K&N filter, so this is probably the best pipe out there, and will be a requirement if you get a supercharger. I'm kidding by the way, if this is anything like the RD Logics' dual exhaust, it'll make your truck hard to tune and take away from your performance. If you plan on doing any bashing, it'll probably get destroyed from any ass end landings.

I am sure the length of headers is important for the performance of the 2 stroke engine on low end and on top speed.

The pipe in question is not a tuned pipe, it does not supply enough back pressure and you can expect to lose performance and engine life by running one. One bad hit on the rear bumper and it will be destroyed. You would be much better off with just the stock pipe when comparing to this fart can muffler lol.

The CVEC exhaust is the only one that works as far as a dual exhaust. If you can find one. They are some what hard to find now.

Don't waste your money on a dual exhaust, they don't work as well as a tuned pipe, they don't have the fuel scavenging like the tuned pipe either. Their for looks, not performance. Get a good tuned pipe & manifold & get more power.

I've ran 5 differnt pipe's and the the ERCM pipe is be far the best pipe I ever ran and will last a life time , you will see the difference in power and performance , and as far as sound , it sounds of pure power get's my adrenaline going just hearing it idle

100_2655-1.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2653.jpg
[/IMG]

hey is the roll cage thingo a must have item ?

Back