The best Glow ignitor !

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrojedi

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So after many years of running and racing nitro I have become very attached to my OFNA glow ignitor setup.....I run this off a 4S Lipo and it works amazingly well..outperforms every single rechargeable ignitor there is bar none........... At my track I see guys struggle all the time firing up their race rigs with cold plugs...All it takes is one quick pop with this bad boy and almost anything will fire....even something that is flooded will fire......... This unit is especially good when using cold glowplugs.... Some of the ignitors wont even fire a cold plug even on a full charge........ So if anyone has ever seen these and was sitting on the fence about it all i can say is " Buy it " and don't look back.....This is by far the best performing ignition you will find, and it will make your life so much easier that you will have to experience it to understand....paired with a 4S lipo you have almost unlimited juice...

Attachments

• ofna ignitor.jpg
    ofna ignitor.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 804
Having a dead igniter definitely gives all of us nitro guys a headache. I personally upgraded my glow warmers over last year. I was running sub c battery warmers and a lipo glow warmer. Well the sub c would die in a short few minutes and the lipo was great but I would glow one out of the engine and the glow wasn't strong. So now I'll use the lipo warmer along with a hot shot 2, a hot shot super 2 and for back up I just purchased a AA glow warmer with 2400 mah aa rechargeable batteries. I doubt if I would have trouble starting my rigs but if I do I will come looking for your setup. Can you please post a link of the battery you use and where you got the warmer from? This way we all can use this setup.

for me i use a basic c cell one that i charge and it works as it should. I do have another one but it eats D cell batteries like crazy so i tend to not use that. I might pick up another starter for the spring/summer months ahead. I all most forgot about it , i have it on my list .

I might have to get one of those..... :)

I might have to get one of those..... :)

its worth every penny... these days you couldn't pay me to use any of those other types.... the only one I would even consider is the Super Hot Shot..all the rest just don't have the juice needed............

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

I use a big 4S Lipo from my Starterbox..... big sucker with a deans connector on the end....I think the pack is a 4000s

My go to igniter is still the $2.50 Exceed one. http://www.nitrorcx.com/72p-glowplug-igniter.html

Have yet to have a single problem....of course I don't run any cold plugs but for medium>ultra hot has worked for me. I did see one of those at my LHS. I was like 'WTF is that' and the guy didn't know (it's an electric shop).

Now I know. ;-)

its worth every penny... these days you couldn't pay me to use any of those other types.... the only one I would even consider is the Super Hot Shot..all the rest just don't have the juice needed............

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

I use a big 4S Lipo from my Starterbox..... big sucker with a deans connector on the end....I think the pack is a 4000s

So you have leads that come off your starter box battery and into the igniter?

here it is with a small 14.8volt Lipo atached

Attachments

• Glow ignitor with lipo.jpg
    Glow ignitor with lipo.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 544
here it is with a small 14.8volt Lipo atached

oohhh I see, that is sweet! I usually run hotter plugs, with the crap igniters, and they barely do it.

thats my buddy Hambone's rig...I use a big battery from my starter box..... more because i don't have anything smaller more then anything LOL ! but with 4S juice behind it the performance is quite good with very long battery life... Pretty much everyone who has tried one of these has ended up sticking with them.... they are just cheap Chinese junk, but hey function very well...

what i use [Exceed Glow Igniter] . lol

Hell yeah. I have OFNA, Sigema, Hot Shot/Super Hot Shot, Mugen, Dynamite, ProTek, HPI, etc. and that Exceed one is still my 'go to'. Ha ha. Not dismissing NitroJedi's...just funny that a $2.50 one is my preference.

Back