The beast has been reborn!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samrsnow

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
After countless hours of wrenching ITS DONE!! WAHAHAHA!! minus a working engine :(

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

I'm waiting on some HPI big bores to come also....I hate waiting! :(

If you have any questions about the truck just ask.

looks nice are u putting the wing back on?

everytime i see a savage i wish i still had mine

Yes. I will do that eventually. I will need to hack up the body even more now to make it fit lol.

BTW you can find a good savage roller or RTR on ebay for cheap ;) I love mine so much hehe.

Looks really nice. I have but one question: How did you do the "stubby" antenna? Did you wrap the excess wire around something on the chassis?

Looks really nice. I have but one question: How did you do the "stubby" antenna? Did you wrap the excess wire around something on the chassis?

I have a futaba 3PM fasst 2.4ghz radio system. The antenna isn't that long. but its longer than most specktrum antennas though.

That's one of the many things I like about the spektrum systems, short antennas. Can't rip an antenna off when it's inside the body.

Thanks Scrogg. I'm gonna be taking some better pics of it tomorrow WITH the wing on and a few other things will be different like screws,more zie ties lol...etc etc etc :)

Nice job man. I'm also in the state of rebuilding my Savage 25 :D. Did you do the mid-tank mod yourself or did you buy the kit? Also, how do you like those TVP's? I'm thinking about upgrading mine.

Nice job man. I'm also in the state of rebuilding my Savage 25 :D. Did you do the mid-tank mod yourself or did you buy the kit? Also, how do you like those TVP's? I'm thinking about upgrading mine.

Hey. Yeah i bought a mid tank for it but i had to drill another hole in it to make it all fit right. For now i love the tvps even tho i have not run them yet.

It was a breeze to put together...minus the mid tank...That was a nightmare! :hehe: I would only recommend you go mid tank if you're going racing. You're standard receiver box will drop right in.

If you're really interested in getting the tvps then take a look at them here

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fastlane-Machin...44028QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

you can fit a project box from radio shack in front of the mid tank if you did it right. it will hold the on/off, and rx very neatly.

I totally forgot about updating this thread. I'll do that now...

Here it is now. WITH the wing and different wheels and tires.

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

Looks ready to race.Very nice.See ya at Motorama Friday for practice :)

motoramaevents.com

what happened to the 4 cell rx bat you had mounted in the front, IMO they are a waste of time when you can have a good 5 cell rechargeable for $30. and faster steering to boot.

what happened to the 4 cell rx bat you had mounted in the front, IMO they are a waste of time when you can have a good 5 cell rechargeable for $30. and faster steering to boot.

I refuse to pay 30 bucks for a 1500 or 1200mah 5 cell hump pack...

I haven't run the truck much anyways since i had to send my engine in for warranty.

When i get to go racing i will get a hump pack. But for now I'll use 4 rechargeable AAs.

I haven't run the truck much anyways since i had to send my engine in for warranty.
There's a warranty for the engines? I really want to send mine in now, but not for the engine exchange thing.

Looks like a great truck man! Can't wait to see it running.

There's a warranty for the engines? I really want to send mine in now, but not for the engine exchange thing.

Looks like a great truck man! Can't wait to see it running.

Not for that engine. That's the stocker s25. I had sent my sts .28 with 16 tank on it out to get warrantied. And...Well I received the sts today...:D

Install it about an hour ago...Lets just say...my back hurts! :hehe:

New pics!

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

Back