Thanks HiTEC Service Department

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchrodeMode

Hardcore RCTalk User
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I contacted HiTEC's service department around mid July about a couple servos that died on me. One was and old and well used HSR-5990TG and the other was lightly used HS-225MG. I was mainly interested in getting the 5990 repaired or, being as it's discontinued, seeing if they offered discount towards an equivalent servo.

They responded and told me that because the 5990 was discontinued they would normally offer the 7995TG at a discount. They told me to just send them both in and they'd let me know what my options were. I did that and then received a message letting me know that they had arrived and I should receive another message in 7-10 business days. 12 days (9 business) later my wife told me I had a box with "some RC crap", it was a new 225 and my old 5990. I was away with work so I couldn't test the 5990 until today, IT WORKS.

Looking at the invoice, the 225 had a bad motor so they replaced the servo and the 5990 had bad ICs which they replaced. I was not expecting them to do that, both of the servos were well out of any warranty period and I had no receipts. The 225 did look new so you could tell that it had very little use, but the 5990 has been discontinued for a few years now and mine definitely showed its age.

Make ABSOLUTELY sure to send them a 'thanks' for such excellent customer service and that you've posted your praise of their company on our RC forum.

Make ABSOLUTELY sure to send them a 'thanks' for such excellent customer service and that you've posted your praise of their company on our RC forum.
I definitely sent them a thank you email.

Back