Terra Crusher or Savage21?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade88

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Going for a Monster truck. The only options I have here are T-Max , Savage and Tamiya Terra Crusher. The availablility of parts for the Tamiya is a closeby hobby shop. The Savage is a bit further as well as the MAx. I heard good reviews about the TC because of its two speed and reverse while the S only has one forward over here with a pullstart(sucks). I think I am going with the TC. What do you do you you guys think?

The TC .18 engine sucks balls. The TC itself is a pretty good truck. This site might help: www.nitroreview.com
I, Myself am battleing between the Savage, T-Maxx, And MGT. All great trucks. The Savage is probably the Best right now, I heard it handles like a dream. The MGT is also a contender but it didnt come out yet.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I've driven both.

one word...................SAVAGE!!!

After the serveral tanks of few I have put into the Savage I can see my T-Maxx sitting on the shelf alot more then my Savage. The Savage my not have the speed of the Maxx but I beleive the savage is alot more stable and handles like a dream. My ownly concern is from what I have heard is the dogbones don't hold up on the Savage.

This is no contest. Savage wins hands down.

plenty of savage lovers here, and i'm one of them

*cough* Savage spanked the Monster truck class tonight *cough*

(there was one terra Crapper)

My father's TC kicks ass when taken in the hills/dirt, the engine may be a little underpowered but its durability and suspension really makes up for it, it can really take a beating. The Terra Crusher is best for those really hilly places with huge potential jumping air, otherwise if you want to shell out $200-250+ more for a smaller Savage or T-Maxx go for it, they're just slightly faster with less weight and durability.

One other thing about the TC is its transmission design, anti-breakage clutching between forward & reverse, almost impossible to strip the gears going from forward ot reverse quickly.

I personally think this is a good overall truck and is rather HUGE in my arms.

Last edited:
Umm...the Reverse in the TC is one of its biggest weakness. Can you say "slip"??? BTW: Savage Still...I have heard plenty of crap things about the TC but All goodies bout the Sav.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Originally posted by SilentHunterKellen
Umm...the Reverse in the TC is one of its biggest weakness. Can you say "slip"???
This I know about, and it's usually either because the spur is wearing out or the owner files the gear for better forward grip (during break-in periods). The reverse is the very least used feature.

No, Its because the clutch that is used for reverse is what is slipping. Trust me, I've seen one completely taken apart, and you can tell its what causes the massive power losses.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Back