Temp Gauge/Gun

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So i need to get one, i want to go to the local guy but i have a sour taste in my mouth. Might be the sour candy idk, anyways i am going to buy on Ebay. I used those Duratrax one's in the past i was all ways iffy if they where good. What you guys think should i get another or something in the same price range? I have 20.00 24.00. And i do not need it asap as i will not be free all this week .
Link to the one i might get i think i found one that is like .80 - 1.00 less.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310807874726?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Northern Tools and Harbor Freight usually have some good deals on those.

It might be a little out of your price range but I've had great luck with this temp gun:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-Non-Contact-Infrared-Thermometer-IR001/100674438#

The temp gun should be used as a reference point and not a definite tool in determining your tune.

I agree i just want to make sure my new motor is not to hot. It felt a tad hot, i might need a new carb and i want to get a temp gun to be on the safe side. I had a buddy that lived and died by his temp gun. Come to find out he was supper lean. I should him his glow plug it was damn near black and he was going threw them ( glow plugs) every 3-4 tanks. His temps were like 278 or so but i said lets get rich this thing out. I did the high end , and got the temps down to like 248 and it ran good and he was happy. So i agree you can not live an die by them. In my case i need one just to watch this first tank .

---------- Post added at 1:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:20 PM ----------

Northern Tools and Harbor Freight usually have some good deals on those.

Cool, i will look in to them. I need to watch my first tank i think my carb might be leaking. I will get some WD-40 tomorrow and spray the carb neck .

So i need to get one, i want to go to the local guy but i have a sour taste in my mouth. Might be the sour candy idk, anyways i am going to buy on Ebay. I used those Duratrax one's in the past i was all ways iffy if they where good. What you guys think should i get another or something in the same price range? I have 20.00 24.00. And i do not need it asap as i will not be free all this week .
Link to the one i might get i think i found one that is like .80 - 1.00 less.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310807874726?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I have used a Duratrax Flashpoint for 12 years I wouldn't use any other temp gauge ever. My nephew use's one from harbor freight and likes it.

I have used a Duratrax Flashpoint for 12 years I wouldn't use any other temp gauge ever. My nephew use's one from harbor freight and likes it.

Yeah man, banks are closed tomorrow i forgot lol. I was going to put money in my acc that is linked to my pay pal. I will check the local guy i will go with the Duratrax as i think that is what he sells. Man my remote antena broke i still had the maxx at like 125 feet for what i was doing it worked. Broke in motor , so i will see if the local guy has the parts i need. I set 25 for the flashpoint and 10 for the antena. Any more i will wait to Tuesday to go with the online deals. thanks for the help

Like hulk I've had the same flashpoint for idk how long and has'nt failed me yet, bought a second one of ebay for 6$

Like hulk I've had the same flashpoint for idk how long and has'nt failed me yet, bought a second one of ebay for 6$

I use to use one back in the day, i have to go to the local guy near me. I can not go to the bank there closed lol. I guess i will be paying 25.00 that is my max for that. I am done with brake in on both my Rc's so its time to watch temps as i start to get them to reach there top speed.

Dude you dont have to go to the bank you can just buy a greendot card and get the $ to paypal from that

Dude you dont have to go to the bank you can just buy a greendot card and get the $ to paypal from that

The card is like 3.00 right??? I will see if the local guy has it as i do not want to go . Lol its going to be so cold this week 10-20 deg so to be honest if i go in there and he is like 28.00 for it and the antena is like 12.00 thats if he has one i will wait to Tuesday. I find with this hobby when i rush i run in to issues. I have money in my wallet and that is it. If it is more then what i have i will walk out. I do need fuel soon but that is next week.

Checked the local guy yesterday, as i was there to get a micro t and see if they had any used servos. Well i asked about the flashpoint, 30.00 for it. Yeah i passed his failsafes the redcat ones where like 24.00 with taxes. I want to help out but iz be to poor as of late lol. So i got the flash point online. Paid a tad over 21.00 shipped, one left and on sale..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121196610135?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Checked the local guy yesterday, as i was there to get a micro t and see if they had any used servos. Well i asked about the flashpoint, 30.00 for it. Yeah i passed his failsafes the redcat ones where like 24.00 with taxes. I want to help out but iz be to poor as of late lol. So i got the flash point online. Paid a tad over 21.00 shipped, one left and on sale..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121196610135?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Thats a good one, I've had mine for quite a few years.

Thats a good one, I've had mine for quite a few years.

Yeah man i got one for like 20.00 bucks out the door. This was a LHS, i was like wow thanks. This had to be back in 2004

Back