Tekno RC Axle Carriers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monteman

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a feeling i will end up replacing the Tru-Tracks i have right now, I'm not gonna trust the cross threaded retainer to stay put over the pillow ball. So i will be switching over to either standard RPM arms or maybe the Extended wheelbase Traxxas arms, now my question. Are the Tekno Rc Revo axle carriers worth the money? $40 a pair + shipping is very steep IMO considering i have the "best" Traxxas carriers already.

What did you do? Got one of the pillow ball caps cross threaded?

I'd drill a small hole in the side and put a set screw in to bind against the cap threads to ensure the cap stays put. Heck, may not be a bad idea to do anyway to keep the caps from walking out on you, like they always did me.

yeah, the last one to go in too... same method as the other 5, which went in great and clean, this one was cross threading from the get go. couldn't do anything to get it to straighten up so i said $%^ it and sent it home. its in there but its crooked and I'm sure once the weather breaks and the engine is broken in the first time i hit the ground with the rear end its gonna blow the retainer out of there.

Believe it or not I've had good luck with blue locktite on my stock pillow ball caps. They're actually tough to get out with the trx pillow ball cap tool. If all else fails you could try that, I know rpm nylon is somewhat forgiving you may be able to get it out and back in without too much trouble. Or you could just buy a new carrier from rpm too.

naw i have it sunk in there lol. got mad lol I'm sure i could back it out but i dont think i would get it back in.
i couldnt find a part# for the carrier itself. even in the package there was no # for the carrier housing itself just the small parts.

Back