Team Associated RC8T 1/8 Nitro Truggy Kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsb1969

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have just ordered an Team Associated RC8T 1/8 Nitro Truggy Kit also Alpha A352 .23 engine with 2081 tuned pipe Futaba 4pl 4ch 2.4ghz now i need some advise on what servo's i should get. starter box this is my first real kit. I've have many rc trucks buggy's truggy's and so on but they have all been rtr. i got a little money to spend and i want a real rc truggy maybe lipo batteries our just use regular. i just want to have a nice truggy! and i want it to be right. the reason i got the Team Associated RC8T 1/8 Nitro Truggy Kit is the price was better than rt!!!! had my heart set on a mugen but money talks. and it seemed to be as nice and parts are everywhere dont mean to sound stupid but most of you guy's know your stuff!!! and that is why i'm asking you for advise

Savox sc1256tg servos should be all you need

Congrats on the new truck. I recently built an rc8t with the electric conversion kit. It is a very well built truck and a blast to drive.

Protek RC servo's from amainhobbies.com are amazing. The Chad Bradley 170S is an awesome steering servo with a 0.08 transit speed and 445oz-in torque. $169.95 for that bad boy. and the Protek RC 130SS is a perfect servo for throttle. has about 150 oz-in torque but 0.06 transit speed! crazy fast reliable high performance servo's for a great price!

Protek RC servo's from amainhobbies.com are amazing. The Chad Bradley 170S is an awesome steering servo with a 0.08 transit speed and 445oz-in torque. $169.95 for that bad boy. and the Protek RC 130SS is a perfect servo for throttle. has about 150 oz-in torque but 0.06 transit speed! crazy fast reliable high performance servo's for a great price!
Hell yeah. I have over 10 Protek servos and could not be happier.

And the 130SS you noted above actually rocks 211oz...and that is just at 6v. High-voltage is [email protected]!

That 170s is going to be my next servo. Am going to try it in my Savage first, and upgrade to 7.4 so I can get [email protected]. I've seen them on truggies and I was like 'what??'. I mean c'mon.. ;-) One of the most shocking things I've seen in this hobby (but I'm new).

And you're going to like that Alpha. I have a friend who drives the Lutz .21 on in a Losi Eight 3.0 and it whoops ass.

Last edited:
Back