team associated mgt 8.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopper1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a mgt 8.0 i bought it on sunday broke rear and front gear box on monday what luck i am wanting to put the motor on another car or truck anybody have any ideas on witch would work with out to much modifing
thanks

From what I read the engine isn't the most desireable part of the Mgt. But overall it's a tough, nice truck. How'd you break the diffs?

Yeah the MGT8.0 is a nice truck over all....I've never heard of anyone blowing both diffs at the same time.

I've got the 4.6 which have the same diffs and I blow mine up quite often as well. While I've never blown both at the same time I do run with the slipper locked and a very stiff suspension so there is no chance of absorbsion of all the power. From what others have said the motor, while not complete junk, is a less desirable piece of that rig

mgt 8.0

i was really running it hard on pavement so nature of the hobby i guess... motor may not be so desirable but the dam thing runs good and super fast but any way i bought a pair of diffs on ebay complete and they said they were new take offs and guess wht they were both blowin apart..... so stay away from tht option..... i shld have jst rebuilt from scratch
thanks for all the replies I'm gonna tear it part one more time

A lot of the time RTR rigs need some work in order to REALLY be RTR. You should always check screws and loctite any metal on metal screws, check the mesh between you spur and CB along with making sure the slipper isn't too tight. Check and make sure the diffs are shimmed enough to prevent slop and have enough grease or oil. I'm willing to bet your diffs weren't shimmed right allowing enough play for the gears to jump a couple teeth, add this and hard on road driving and you'll get a couple blown diffs....in your case a couple couple blown diffs. At least now you know how to swap diffs and your about to figure out how to rebuild them.

Rebuild kits for the diffs can be had for about $8 a pieca and if done right you can get free shipping. I think I have 3 rebuilds on hand for when I destroy them again. Good luck!!

Back