TC Sketer - Weak Point - Hinge Pin?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So, I have knocked the hinge pin out three times on the right A-arm. A buddy of mine did it last week. That's a total of 4x the right hinge pin came out after a crash. It seems like this is a weak point on the rig. Otherwise it's bulletproof! Is there a way to trouble shoot this? I've driven and crashed the car hard, plenty of times. But this is the only thing that seems to fail on the rig. Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

IMG_20231218_154044764.jpg

I am not familiar with Team Corally vehicles, but I would verify you have aluminum A and B blocks installed, these are also called suspension arm holders, but common reference is A block is the farthest front, B block is next and the C and D blocks hold the rear arms.
https://rchobbyexplosion.com/team-corally-front-aluminum-suspension-arm-mount-1-8-c-00180-240/

If you do have aluminum blocks then pull them out and inspect to see if any are bent, if so, then bend back and/or replace them.

The design of these blocks are questionable to me the way TC has them so thin... shrug

Also pull out out the pin and roll it on a flat surface, if it's bent, then either straighten it or replace if necessary.

Back