TC Corally Sketer - Too Much Slop in Steering?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I noticed this play in the wheels after my ramp session yesterday. I'm getting better with jumping the Sketer, but she tends to nosedive. As such, I lawn-darted her a handful of times. Nothing visibly broke (tough rig!) but it seems like there might be some more slop after those rough landings.

1) Is this too much slop and 2) if so, should I check my pillow balls first? Any other advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I have the same kind of slop in my traxxas 2wd cars. Nothing major to worry about. id check the steering links, bellcrank, and the servo horn. And the bearings in the bellcranks. Looks pretty normal for a basher. Id wouldn't worry about it until something breaks or if it keeps bothering you.

did you notice as much slop when it was brand new or before that major jump / crash?

did you notice as much slop when it was brand new or before that major jump / crash?

I'm honestly not sure, to be honest, LOL. It seems like there's a bit more, but that could just be recency bias after a few lawn-dart crashes. Since it seems good for a basher, I'll take it out tomorrow as planned. Later I'll inspect all the things you advised. Thanks so much for your help!

Racer style tightness on a basher is a battery pack or two sort of thing, it doesn't last. If it gets too bad the first place I would look would be the steering link screws and second how much slop my pillerballs have. Excess slop in your ball ends is another place to look.

Back