Tamiya TL01 parts compatibility.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I picked up a used Tamiya TL01 mostly complete chassis, with only the body and servo missing, but the driveline seems a tad sloppy, so, i am wondering if parts from any other models (gears, diff's) are compatible with that chassis, since, although i can find the gear set, i can't seem to find the diff's for it. My plan is to take it apart, clean everything, see if anything is wore out, and replace all the bearings, as well as the servo, and while i am at it, replace any broken or worn out parts if they are available. I would also like to make it brushless, so any upgradeable parts info would also be greatly appreciated.

There seems to be some parts available, and I would think about purchasing a used one also from ebay.
I would take a look around Here

You can tell i was exhausted when i posted this LOL. The only info i am really looking for is if anyone makes metal gears for it, since i doubt the plastic will stand up to brushless. As for the rest. i already have a running (well, currently apart for a bearing upgrade) TL01 that i have several spare parts for, but, that one is staying brushed. I picked up the other one just to experiment with, since i got it dirt cheap and all it needed was an ESC and motor.

Back