Tamiya Pajero

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
If you have ever tried to follow one of my build threads you know they suck...No pics in progress, bad explanations and this one is no different! I plan on updating this as changes are made but don't hold your breath.

What I started with:

Tamiya Pajero Meataltop wide kit, Tamiya esc included
Full bearing kit
integy 65t motor on stock gearing
Traxxas 2075 waterproof steering servo
Junfac 4 link and skid plate kit

Pajero_zpsf9256352.jpg

pajero3_zps88e01661.jpg

pajero2_zpsd4e9688e.jpg

pajero1_zps6f7b3262.jpg

nice and diferent. I like Tamiya stuff, I just can't drive it.

Congrats on the new rig man. Havent seen a Pajero in a long time.

Congrats on the new Tamiya rig. I just started working on my Tamiya YJ again after a loooong time with it sitting unfinished.

Nice new rig u got there can't wait to see wat u got planned for it

Thanks guys! My plan is to keep it pretty close to stock, new tires, better esc, and a gru. A set of RC4WD rock creepers showed up today and they are a little taller than stock so a slight body lift will be necessary.

Havent seen a Pajero in a long time.

Lloyd thats one of the things that made me want it.

I just started working on my Tamiya YJ again after a loooong time with it sitting unfinished.

Thats good to hear Joe, I'll be looking for an update! Speaking of updates I'm about to knock the dust off of an old thread!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the warning. I'll get out my hay-fever meds.

It's a clean looking rig.

WOW....that thing is COOL.......i like that thing, i know what my next project will be, just to put it on the shelf.

I had to round off bottom of the wheel wells to fit the larger tires, fill the antenna hole on the roof, then shot the first color. I got a few runs but not too bad.

jeropaint_zps84986e3b.jpg

I was really liking the Fiery Oragne and should have left it a solid color buy I didn't so heres what I have now. I think it will look a little better once I get the details painted. I found a nice little auto paint kit from Testors, once the signal lights, side markers and tail lights are done it should break up the color a little. The front grill will be black with the red Mitsubishi symbol and theres a strong chance the wheels will get some black on them.

parkedjero_zps98908e36.jpg

rollin_zps13459d50.jpg

Last edited:
Just keeps getting better and better, That turned out GREAT!!!

Yep I agree too, paint looks great. The pic in the driveway is perfect too! Nice rig Pete.

I wasn't sure about the two tone but the more I look at it the more I like it. I'm trying to add a few small details with a small brush, I never noticed how shaky my hands are!

I put a couple of stickers, painted the grill and signals, a little shaky with a paint brush but not too bad for a first timer

p1_zps966bddde.jpg

p3_zps2af6eebd.jpg

And a little flex

flexxin_zpsbcd517aa.jpg

Last edited:
New wheels, roof rack, HPI GRU with stock motor, XL-5 on 3s...I wonder how long that will last??

GRU3S_zpsc3ac975b.gif

front1_zpsf70c8048.jpg

rearview_zps783dfa5c.jpg

hill_zpsfd8e13b6.jpg

Back