Tamiya CC-02 tire scraping shock

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrknMml9

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I recently built a Tamiya CC-02 Bronco, and I'm having an issue I don't know how to sort out. Basically, when I pull off the rear left spring compresses so much that the front right wheel lifts. I've tried swapping the shocks around, to no avail. I also reassembled the rear diff and locked it. When I turn right, the rear left tire scrapes on the spring, do you guys have any idea on how I can fix it or sort it? Thanks :)

If you have clearance on the fender wells of the body ,you might can go with an offset
wheel or can try some of those wheel extenders!..:cool:

If you have clearance on the fender wells of the body ,you might can go with an offset
wheel or can try some of those wheel extenders!..:cool:
Thanks for the help! 😁 I did try wheel extenders, but unfortunately this is affecting handling causing the car to pull left, so ultimately I'd like to figure out what's causing it 🫣

Thanks for the help! 😁 I did try wheel extenders, but unfortunately this is affecting handling causing the car to pull left, so ultimately I'd like to figure out what's causing it 🫣

Gotcha ,yea I am not sure unless the chassis ride height is off from the suspension!..🤔

Gotcha ,yea I am not sure unless the chassis ride height is off from the suspension!..🤔
Forgive me if I sound dumb, but I'm still very new to this hobby 🤔 the car sits flush all round when stationary, and the chassis is even all round, I just don't understand how this could be possible 😂 I came to the conclusion that maybe the differently lengthed axels on either side of the diff might be causing a torque steer like outcome, but I doubt Tamiya would allow for it to cause contact with the suspension and tire

It's kinda normal in solid axle vehicles, all of them have some torque twist. And the CC-02 isn't exactly a top performer in any regard...

Reminds me of my Yeti I had. Running with 2S LiPo it wasn't bad, but strap in a 3S LiPo pack:
1678790070722.png

Pictured is the Yeti XL running even more power through those extra long 4-link suspension setups. The Yeti did some wild things. Not much you could do to help the torque twisting.

Last edited:
Back