T MAXX throttle problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fragged3d

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I just traded to get a Tmaxx 2.5, this thing was beat on! Anyway, when I start it, it wants to go on it's own. Whats the first thing to check?

Your idle gap and throttle linkages. Probably easiest to pull the horn off the servo and center it. It's a common point of frustration. While the linkage is off, check your idle gap by looking down in the throat of the carburetor. It should be 0.5-1.0 millimeter.

If your idle is good, the next thing to check is the clutch. Could be broken springs making it engage all the time.

I'd start with the trim too, even a small adjustment can't stop it moving on its own providing it isn't too far out right now.

Your idle gap and throttle linkages. Probably easiest to pull the horn off the servo and center it. It's a common point of frustration. While the linkage is off, check your idle gap by looking down in the throat of the carburetor. It should be 0.5-1.0 millimeter.

The throttle linkage is keeping the carb open, how do I fix this?

Did you try the throttle trim on the controller? You should be able to adjust it back a bit.

You can try centering the servo horn ,which requires pulling the horn ,turn on radio ,adjust the trim
to center on transmitter ,then put the horn back on.

I'm not sure what your throttle arms consist of ,but some have a collar & spring on them for
adjustment as well!

You can try centering the servo horn ,which requires pulling the horn ,turn on radio ,adjust the trim
to center on transmitter ,then put the horn back on.

I'm not sure what your throttle arms consist of ,but some have a collar & spring on them for
adjustment as well!

I got sick of it and traded it, thanks for all the help!