t-maxx idle prob

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I got a t-maxx 2.5 about a year ago and have had nothing but problems with it. I replaced 3 pistons and a carberator and said screw it. I trashed the 2.5 and bought a 3.3 no problems with it just the fact that it wont idle its a brand new carberator and everything seems to be fine but it just wont idle when its hot i already replaced my glow plug a cupple times and i still can't seem to find a problem please reply!

What does it do when you try to let it idle? Does it idle high then die or does it just go low in the RPMs and die?

it doesn't go up or down it just dies i havent messed with the carburator it came with the engine

Do you know how to adjust the idle screw? It's a silver screw that is on the opposite side of the throttle slide. At an angle.

2007-1212-2.5IdleScrew.jpg

Take your air filter off the engine.
Turn your radio on.
Set your trim on your radio so it is at rest (neutral, home, idle...).
If you look down your carb and there isn't a gap, then screw the idle screw in until you have a 1mm gap.

Fire it up, get it warmed up, then adjust the idle as needed.

I have yet to get a new truck or new engine that did not require significant adjustment to the HSN, LSN and idle out of the box. They set them on a bench, but I still have yet to get one that isn't way off.

my truck isnt running right now its so unreliable i jave to change the reciever but ill give it a try when i can i ordered all the parts for it today so when they get here ill start it up:D