T Maxx Clutch spring

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black4x4

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok after about 2 weeks of trying to figure out this problem I have I come across this other guy with the same problem as me. While reading it people kept saying the clutch spring, so i said "hmm that might be my problem." Took off the clutch bell and there you go a broken spring. After emails with Traxxas support, i ask for a new spring (I'm a 14 year old dont have money:angry:) and the guy sent me one. Ok now to the question I see vids on youtube about putting on 3 shoe clutches but what about 2 shoe should i just wrap the spring around the shoes and that's it or do i need tools for it. Another question, I would like to know if buying a 3 shoe clutch is better then keeping the 2 shoe, if yes can you post a link. Amain or rc planet. Thanks

-Thomas

wrap it around and then clip the 2 ends together and there you go Done and ready to drive

make sure both the shoes are on the pins on the flywhee, with the spring in your hand make the spring make a circle and there will be a hook on each end hook the spring together, strech it over the clutch shoes untill it falls in the little gap in the middle where the spring goes. and put your clutch back together.

Last edited:
i dunno honestly, its not hard to put back together and take apart again, you got the spring, put it together and run it untill the shoes are bad, i think to go to 3 shoe you're gonna have to change the flywheel to a flywheel with 3 pins.

to change over to a 3 shoe clutch you do hafto change flywheel shoes springs an all..i have the integy 3shoe on mine an absolutely love it! i have a racers edge 20t clutch bell...just bein a young fellar id just stay with the 2 shoe set up till your shoes are bad then look at up grading!

Back