T-Maxx Classic Cage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tivum

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Looking for a roll cage for a tmaxx 1.5 classic. The engine overheats so bad with a body on it so I'm going to switch to a cage. I found on on ebay but they wanted $130 for it. I could TIG weld it myself but I don't have the time or patience lol

start by using a body reamer and put Holes in front wind shield...

start by using a body reamer and put Holes in front wind shield...
I have the front windshield and vent holes in the side cut but it still overheats. I'm not a fan of shells anyway, I like to see what's going on.

A roll cage is going to add weight, which is going to add strain to the engine and possibly drive the temps up even more. Roll cages don't work well without bodies because in a crash, instead of having the body slide along the ground, the roll cage digs in and gets mangled in the processes.

I've tried roll cages 3-4 times in the past and I always end up removing them because they are more trouble than they are worth. Harder to work around, makes the trucks even worse with high COG, ends up getting bent/mangled on a hard roof landing even with a body, etc.

A roll cage is going to add weight, which is going to add strain to the engine and possibly drive the temps up even more. Roll cages don't work well without bodies because in a crash, instead of having the body slide along the ground, the roll cage digs in and gets mangled in the processes.

I've tried roll cages 3-4 times in the past and I always end up removing them because they are more trouble than they are worth. Harder to work around, makes the trucks even worse with high COG, ends up getting bent/mangled on a hard roof landing even with a body, etc.
Oh really I didn't know that. I think I'll just stick to the body and cut some more out. Thanks for the information.

I do like a good roll bar though. One that almost touches the top of the cab of the body is best. Then when you do land on the roof, the body doesn't buckle in the middle and split into pieces after 2-3 crashes.

I haven't had a t-maxx in a very long time, when I did, I did some really stupid stuff for roll bars and ran half bodies because they got tore apart in the back. New Era made a nice 3 point roll bar, they don't exist anymore though.