t maxx 3.3 idle then cutoff when accelerated

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingape

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys I'm running into an issue where my t maxx will idle but when I accelerate it cuts off. I'm trying to adjust the high speed needle on my engine back to factory settings how do I know if my needle is set back to normal? a very newbish question possibly but I am new haha so any help without sarcasm would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for the help in advance......

Go to this site http://traxxas.com/support/PDF-Downloads-Previous-Modelsand download the manual for your particular truck that would be your best I've read almost every manual and exploded view traxxas has and it has helped me enormously.... but it sounds to me like you need a good tune check your fuel lines, tank o ring, and fuel filters maybe throw in a new glow plug, go back to factory settings according to the manual for your particular kit and start tuning just remember SMALL adjustments and pay attention to your smoke and engine temp