T Maxx 2.5 starting issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its changes. right now when i turn the transmitter and receiver on, it does a very slight little adjustment forward and back. but earlier today when i turned them on, it would just pull all the way forward(out into reverse) sure as the world, tomorrow when i try starting it again, it will mess up haha but as of right now it is working properly

---------- Post added at 8:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:45 PM ----------

i was messing around checking the reverse switches on the transmitter and got everything adjusted and the shift rod was in(forward direction) and randomly started slowly pulling back out. i didnt press and buttons or anything. settings were all right. i dont know. i know I'm a newbie but i still think its a bad servo. theres a constant buzz sound and it will randomly wiggle forward and back just a millimeter and then thats when it just goes wild.. i wish i could get a video of it but it happens randomly

I find the easiest way to get mine started for the first run of the day is to disconnect the blue wire and use my ignitor. Once ii have it running and warmed up I put the blue wire Back on and can start easily with the wand for the rest of the day. If I don't do that ill never get it started

I'm getting an igniter tomorrow. hopefully it will work. i found that my carb return is catching though. will this affect the starting or running much..?

theres a constant buzz sound and it will randomly wiggle forward and back just a millimeter and then thats when it just goes wild.. i wish i could get a video of it but it happens randomly

I'm getting an igniter tomorrow. hopefully it will work. i found that my carb return is catching though. will this affect the starting or running much..?

Personally, if one of my servos were to glitch I would replace them the second I noticed. Not worth the risk. What do you mean the carb return is catching? Is the throttle linkage set up correctly?

This is what I use when I need to set up a linkage. It gets you close to where you need to be then make a couple small changes and the linkage should work fine.

http://traxxas.com/support/Throttle-and-Brake-Linkage-Adjustment

i got a glow plug igniter and charged it and tried to start the truck and nothing changed from before. it still just sat there and kept turning over. and I'm about to take the carb off and try to fix that catch. the blue boot came off the carb and i think dirt got on the slide shaft

i figured out that its the throttle linkage. it opens the carb just fine but it only closes back halfway.. what do i need to do to fix this..?

try adjusting the idle screw and see if that works if not disconnect the throttle linkage and see if it starts

idle screw in or out? and i actually got it to start. only for a few seconds but thats because the glow plugs i have are old and bad. i have new ones on the way. but hopefully i have everything fixed and just need the new glow plug in.

nahh been out of town and have to wait until monday to get the glow plugs

haha no they arrived friday but it was shipped to my parents work rather than my house(when i ordered my subs i didnt want them left on my front deck for someone to steal) haha and it never got changed but my mom went by there at lunch friday and they arrived at 1.33 D= just missed it. so monday afternoon ill have them and hopefully that will have it running. sad part is, my uncle wants the truck back once its fixed..

haha no they arrived friday but it was shipped to my parents work rather than my house(when i ordered my subs i didnt want them left on my front deck for someone to steal) haha and it never got changed but my mom went by there at lunch friday and they arrived at 1.33 D= just missed it. so monday afternoon ill have them and hopefully that will have it running. sad part is, my uncle wants the truck back once its fixed..

i think i would take the truck and change my name and move :)

yeah haha that would be nice! i just really hope the glow plug will be the last thing wrong. i want it to ruuuunnn!! gosh

sad part is, my uncle wants the truck back once its fixed..

yeah haha that would be nice! i just really hope the glow plug will be the last thing wrong. i want it to ruuuunnn!! gosh

Don't give up! We all know what your going through. Hey at least you didn't buy the truck! I bought a brand new nitro pede for a little over 300 last year. Couldn't get it running for the life of me after I broke it in, I was very discouraged and angry that I spent so much money on it for it to not work! Almost sold it. But I got better at tuning and that's all she wrote!

Not a cool move from your uncle. Don't know what to tell you on that situation. I hope it gets settled though.

well, dont hate me haha but i jumped sides to the electric. i saw the scale crawlers and fell in love. plus theyre more so waterproof and with the stupid ideas i always come up with lol i decided i should probably go with electric. dont get me wrong though! I'm a technician. i love working on engines and anything to do with cars so I'm sure ill eventually get a nitro again haha =P

well, dont hate me haha but i jumped sides to the electric. i saw the scale crawlers and fell in love. plus theyre more so waterproof and with the stupid ideas i always come up with lol i decided i should probably go with electric. dont get me wrong though! I'm a technician. i love working on engines and anything to do with cars so I'm sure ill eventually get a nitro again haha =P

I started with a nitro maxx now I'm leaning towards getting crawler myself. The maxx is great for speed but sometimes you just wanna take it easy and see what these little trucks can really do.

^agreed! i love the nitro. the small and the loudness and seeing the smoke and everything but you just can't beat the scale trucks and all the crawling. its great ! anyways. ill be getting my glow plugs tomorrow, so hopefully ill have the maxx running tomorrow afternoon =P

okay so i got the plugs and put the carb back on and now i can't get the plug to go in. being that it isnt my truck, i only have a set of needle nose pliers and i can't get the stupid plug in. I'm getting very frustrated

---------- Post added at 4:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:10 PM ----------

alright i finally gave up and tried the old plug. and it went right in. i dont know what the issue is. anyways. it will start. just wont stay running. need to tweak the tuning

---------- Post added at 4:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:22 PM ----------

umm. i have a serious question haha it starts right up. but it looks like the spur gear and clutch bell are going the opposite direction from when it starts and then i lift it up and the wheels just go crazy and it goes full throttle. how far in/out is the idle pin supposed to be??

i dont know what else to do so i just gave up. i had it started five or six times and it was blowing smoke like its supposed to. i tried leaning it and richening it but it either starts and does that crazy mega rev thing and goes full throttle or either it doesn't start. i have adjusted the hsp and low and idle so i dont know