T Maxx 2.5 Boggs and dies at full throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordansworld

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
First time poster and new in the nitro RC game so I'm kinda clueless right now. When I give my t maxx full throttle it Boggs down and wants to die. I've adjusted the hsn both ways and can't seem to get it to run right. It's not just at high speed that it Boggs either. I can have it idling then hammer on it and it will just die. Won't take off or anything. Any help would be much appreciated. Anything to keep me from driving an hour to have someone look at it.

Try going back to factory settings and tune from there
HSN- 4 turns out from closed
LSN- flush with inner ring
Just make sure when your closing your HSN don't force it closed. Just snug it up. You could shred the o ring if you tighten it to much.

Your to lean on the high speed needle. just richen high speed up a little and go from there.

If you bog on a take off from a dead stop you're too rich on the LSN. Don't make any adjustments till it's warmed up, and run it for 30 seconds between adjustments. A little turn at a time, and when it takes off, the high speed will be on the HSN.

Back