swapping radio, not sure were to plug in tmaxx connections

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickelsig229

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just started up again and purchased a TMaxx and Flysky NB4.

It used to be power and 2 servos but now there are a bunch of connectors I dont know what to do with. Any one familiar with this setup who can help me out? Thanks for any and all help

So far I got

Steering CH1
Throttle Ch2
Power to I-Bus

not sure what to do with the sensors

What less you are trying to connect? Temp, speed, opti drive ?
Post automatically merged:

See if this helps
Well now isn't that sweet. I might have to get that control set up. And change my maxx. Lol

Last edited:
I saw that video before posting and it didn't help me. I don't know if its because i'm dealing with nitro, or I just didn't follow along what the guy was showing me for the connectivity. It was more focused on the menu operation.

I am looking for help on how to connect to the transceiver not so much how to set it up in the menu's. If anyone can give me some advice I would appreciate it.

I am connecting to a new TMaxx.

Stock setup is:

CHA1- empty
CHA1- steering servo
CHA2- throttle
CHA3- Empty
CHA4- From Voltage/Temp Sensor port
CHA5- Battery
RPM- RPM sensor port
V/T- Voltage/temp sensor port

On the flysky transmitter (using the smallest one) I have

CHA1- steering
CHA2- throttle
CHA3- empty
CHA4- empty
Ibus- battery
Bind- empty

I completed the break in and had zero issues with this setup however I know that those sensors should be used but I'm not sure which pins to plug them into and how to set it up on the nb4.

Here is a video that references not only a nitro kit but also the same reciever you are using which is the FGR4S

Thanks for the video. The issue seems to be the proprietary sensors of the TMaxx dont allow me to make sense of his videos. he daisy chains his sensors to one port the ibus, but traxxas uses 3 individual connectors and i dont know how to make them work.

Thanks for the video. The issue seems to be the proprietary sensors of the TMaxx dont allow me to make sense of his videos. he daisy chains his sensors to one port the ibus, but traxxas uses 3 individual connectors and i dont know how to make them work.
Use the sensors that came with the TX/RX then or buy them if they come separately. Thats the only way you're gonna make it work with that radio. I thought thats what you were doing. I didnt realize you were trying to use the traxxas sensors with the Flysky RX.

Back