Supporting member question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm about to finally click the pay button after 2 years, but it says that it will automaticly deduct future payments. Dose it really, or is there a way to turn this off. I just want to donate now while I have some spare cash, but if something in the future comes up I dont want to get doinked anyone know? Wheres rolex when you need him lol.

Bryson

he's polishing his truck...

so but seriously. It will automatically deduct for however long of a subscription you are purchasing. If it's a 6 mo. subscription and you are paying monthly it will deduct the $5 every month until the end of the subscription is reached.... something like that.

Ok thanks man. I'm clickin pay then lol. I can't wait. After meeting some guys form the forum, I just thought to myself what the hell lol.

Bryson

Haha thats frigin asume my names in color oh man after 2 long years lol its about time I give something back to old woody for all the time wasted lol.

Bryson

Bryson,

Say you signed up for a 6 month supporting member status - you'd be charged the entire 6month fee up front. At the end of the 6months your status will be auto renewed via paypal (assuming that's how you pay).

If you'd like to stop the auto renew, the easiest thing to do is to sign up, then immediately cancel the subscription via paypal. You will still be a supporting member for that 6 months, but after the end of the 6 months you would not be auto-billed as the subscription would have already been canceled.

Make sense?

-Michael

Alrighty thanks alot man ill look into it.

Bryson

Ok, so I must just be on the monthly thing then. But what I've noticed is that after so long I have to manually renew. I can't recall how long it had been but I had to actually sign up again even though it had been auto-renewing every month.. that was just recently when I asked to be "green please".

Is it setup so that it auto-renews up to a certain length of time?

Lessen,

I believe the issue you had was something different. There was a month or two not to long ago where Paypal decided it wasn't going to talk to the forum software anymore. Since then I believe it's all be resolved.

Your current subscription should not expire now unless either you cancel the subscription or if it tires after 3 times to get funds your account and fails each time.

-Michael

Back