super super fast t-maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Cadereyta

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi i have a t-maxx 3.3 and i want to know what can i do to make it very fast,
because i also have a revo with os18tm engine 2 speed wide ratio, 40t spur and 14 cluth bell with reverse trany, and in the race track, t-maxx always looses, against my revo and other trucks ( savage s25, my revo, savage x, etc), even that revo make in sane wheelies, my t-maxx dont, my t-max has, 56t spur and 17 cluth bell, it doesn't have reverse and a brand new 3.3 motor, my question is why it always looses and why it doesn't make wheelies, I'm thinking in buying also the 2 speed wide ratio for this truck, but i dont know what to do, its not a tuning issue, because it revs good and shifts good, what do you recomend meto do with this truck?

what can i do for my t-maxx to make insane wheelies, and run good like my revo? i dont know what is the problem with this truck, with new motor it has been through 1/4 of a gallon of fuel, after break in, or what glow plug do you recomend me to use? i actually use an os lc3

Ditch the 3.3 for a picco .26 it'll wheelly for ever.

17/56 gearing is a 3.29:1 ratio
22/56 (closer to stock) is 2.54:1 ratio
You should be pulling wheelies with ease with the higher ratio. If the engine is tuned well, you are either loosing power to the wheels with the engine clutch, slipper clutch or the tires are loosing traction to not be popping wheelies.

The difference in top speed between those 2 ratios would be approx 10 mph (17/56 being the slower of the 2).

Unless you spend a significant amount of $$ on the tmaxx and hours of setup and experimentation, racing on an off road track against a revo being driven by driver with similar driving abilities as yourself the TMaxx doesn’t stand much of a chance.

never had a revo but raced enough of them the revo handles so much better than the maxx i can get them on the streight aways but in the corners i get dusted lol

A really light weight set of tires will completely change the attitude of your maxx.
Take a peak at snooks avatar^^^

Last edited:
lol there are no tires on the market that will make my maxx handle like a revo

17/56 gearing is a 3.29:1 ratio
22/56 (closer to stock) is 2.54:1 ratio
You should be pulling wheelies with ease with the higher ratio. If the engine is tuned well, you are either loosing power to the wheels with the engine clutch, slipper clutch or the tires are loosing traction to not be popping wheelies.

The difference in top speed between those 2 ratios would be approx 10 mph (17/56 being the slower of the 2).

Unless you spend a significant amount of $$ on the tmaxx and hours of setup and experimentation, racing on an off road track against a revo being driven by driver with similar driving abilities as yourself the TMaxx doesn’t stand much of a chance.

we race in a on road pavement track, the last day we raced and t-maxx loosed, the revo has the t-maxx 3.3 hurricane tires, and the t-maxx has the revo 2.5r talon tires with a 58t spur gear 17 clutch bell, tomorrow sunday y will change the tires, and run the t-maxx with his original 3.3 hurricane tires, and a 56t spur gear 17 clutch bell

will it have any chance against that revo?

your absolutely right!!! I should take a look at the engine clutch!
what do you think about the 2 speed wide ratio? will it help?

Last edited:
No set of tires can make a prius into a corvette. The more weight you shave from your tires the better. tires&wheels have more affect than on vehicle performance than any other component on these scale trucks. Example would be same maxx truck with a light set of race truggy wheels and a 3.3 engine will out perform a .26 picco with a heavy set of bead locks and badlands.

yea i know the revo is a better truck but when i got in this hobby i didnt know better i just thought id put gas in her and go boy was i wrong so i threw a bunch of money into it and still have an a truck that gets smoked by a stock revo so now i got boxes of tmaxx parts that dont even fit my maxx and every time i go to the flea market theres always a unwanted maxx that i bring home never a revo so it is what it is

lllllllllloooooooooolllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t-maxx won!!! 1 place :first_place:

maybe it was because the revo has a modified tranny and t-maxx big tires
now that t-maxx have again his tires, it improved top speed, and also
it have a carburetor problem, it has an air leak and a weak high speed needle o-ring
that caused the needle to open while it was running,

now that i changed the carburetor for a new one and replaced all o-rings with the carburetor rebuild set, and used sand paper on the engine cluth shoes and the inner part of the engine cluth bell, and tightened a little bit the slipper clutch, its a great truck!! it has a very sharp acceleration and a great top speed that makes a very good tire "ballooning" while running, it wheelie when it shifts to 2 speed, and the best is that the engine is new, no overheating (my experience, this trx 3.3 motor bests performs in 240 f) because its maximum temp while running in a race in a sunny days its 247f, and has great compression,and already solved the resonator air pressure problem (low air pressure to the fuel tank, making the truck always run lean)

i love it, now its my princess, my dear t-maxx 3.3,

now I'm sure that my revo will go to its box in the garage for a while lol!

i dont know why but the t-maxx has me impressed by its powerful brakes it doesn't matter if you are running at max speed and suddenly you hit and block the brakes, it goes in a straight line, it brakes to 0 in seconds and goes very very straight (not like my revo, when you block the brakes, it turns right while braking but steering doesn't move)

simply, i prefer t-maxx than revo, and i have both of them.

one of your diffs maybe unloading more on one side.