Super Nitro 2 Speed is slightly off ... need help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supernitro17

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm getting a little frustrated with my super lately , it is my favorite car, but the gears are getting to be a bit insane. I have adjusted the mesh and changed gears about 10 times in the past 3 weeks... yeah. and i keep stripping gears. i came up with 2 or 3 possible solutions.

1- the gears are starting to wobble a bit more than they used to, and I'm thinking maybe the spurs are catching the wrong gear on the clutch bell, which would knock a tooth off, and then thats the end of the whole thing.

2- my brake was slightly too tight, and that could have caused excess strain on the spurs causing a tooth to come off.

3 - the monumental power of my fantom rivals a nuclear sub and is just way too much for the gears to handle...

i think it is the first one, but how do i fix it, is there anythingi can use to shim the gears to keep them from shaking so much ?

most of the times before last, it stripped off both gears down to nothing, but the last time it was just the first gear. and it happened right away... need help and appreciate any input, sorry for long post

i had similar problems with mine as i was trying to set it up. i bought mine second hand. make sure you use locktight on the motor mount bolts, in fact if you havent already upgrade to hex head style. i stripped every tooth off my first gear spur when the motor shifted just a little bit. it would have wiped out 2nd too but since i didnt have 1st anymore i couldnt get up to speed to engage it. ps, i also have a fantom fr15 and it doesn't have the power to just strip gears if everything is adjusted properly.

Could be the one-way bearing in your first gear. If it's really wobbly like you said it might be time for a change. Good luck.

Originally posted by CorradoPsi
i had similar problems with mine as i was trying to set it up. i bought mine second hand. make sure you use locktight on the motor mount bolts, in fact if you havent already upgrade to hex head style. i stripped every tooth off my first gear spur when the motor shifted just a little bit. it would have wiped out 2nd too but since i didnt have 1st anymore i couldnt get up to speed to engage it. ps, i also have a fantom fr15 and it doesn't have the power to just strip gears if everything is adjusted properly.

i was kidding about the fantom ...

Back