Suggestion on a ESC & motor combo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roger25186

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I need suggestions, I am looking at getting an RC8b3e & in need of a esc & motor. I've been looking at the Castle Creations 1/8 Sidewinder with a 2200 kV Castle motor, the Mamba Monster 2 or X with a 2200 kV Manba motor, the Tekin RX8 Gen 2 with appropriate motor(not sure which) finally the HobbyWing XeRun XR8 Plus with a 2250 kV HW motor. I would like order from Tower if possible due to the coupons & easy pay, but I'm open to suggestions. BTW, I'm not planning on racing anytime in the near future, just bashing & maybe some track time if there are any near me. I also have a Futaba 4PLS with a possibility of upgrading to a Futaba 4PX radio with a Hitec clone high torque servo to go with it.

Any of the above EXCEPT the Sidewinder. I'm not a fan of them as I had one of the 1/10 scale versions smoke on me while trying to adjust the throttle dead-band during the initial setup. Replaced it with a Mamba Max Pro and have had no problems.

I have been a LONG time fan of Tekin products but haven't purchased anything from them in a long time. I have heard that they still produce top notch products. I am curious to know what direction you took, why and how it works out for you. I am HOPING to get into some indoor electric racing this winter... Prob won't happen but even if I just start buying to get the wheels rolling, I will DEFINITELY need new esc, brushless motor etc. My purchases will all be for 1/10 but the product brands and qualities will stay similar. Please post more!
Thanks!

Back