Stub axle yokes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronco351w

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi people,
I've run into an issue here and was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem. Snapping the ears off of the stub axle yokes on my 3.3. I wasn't particularly abusing the car ,compared to things I've seen them do on utube clips, but now I'm ordering these yokes. the 2 revos belonging to friends of mine broke the same part. One of them was only doing donuts at the time and snapped both left side stub yokes at the same time. And I havent seen an aluminum upgrade yoke anywhere. Although that might be a bad idea cuz i might just be moving the weak link into some other part of the drivetrain that is more of a pain to repair....
Any thoughts?........

Thanks

you probably won't find an aluminum yolk. If it was aluminum you'd never be able to pop it over the pin. You could go to an MIP type driveshaft. MIP, as in the brand MIP

I broke a few but it was due to excess flex. I had the RPM arms and P2 rockers/rods mounted in the tallest position. Both broke upon impact when casing a jump. The first time I snapped an actual RPM arm. The second time, I just broke the yoke tooling around.

I never had a problem again after dropping the pushrod mount to the middle position on the RPM arm. I think it was over extending it and putting it at a weird angle. I was also busting shock shafts every other weekend. Never had a problem with that anymore either after changing pushrod position.

You may also want to check your hub bearings. If you have one that has gone out, it would intermittently lock the axle or at the very least let it run at a weird angle.

Back