Stripped hsn housing fix?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash2165

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey, just wondering if anyone has a fix for a stripped out hsn housing.I was trying to seal a air leak and I over tightened the hsn and it stripped out the carb housing. Help if possible. James.

yeah, buy a new carb.. You now have yourself a new conversation piece..
it sucks, I know.. i had my son do that to me....

was trying to seal for air leaks and i tightened to tight

yea I new I was going to have to do that but you never know someone might have a idea

like how stripped is it? did it pull all the threads out? if so its junk.. which is most likely the case.. the threads on them are really small.. like christmas lighs: "one goes out, they all go out!!!" lol

Ya I did the same thing twice =| stupid me but ya both time I had to buy a new carb.

i know how to fix it,,,,, Buy a new one. lol

There are a lot of things that can be fixed, but this isn't one of them.

Bummer

Ya like brad55102 said, you would be better off getting a brand new one i think, sorry bud.:(

errrrrrrrr...............

Depends what part is stripped.

Is it stripped outside the HSN or is the carb stripped where it screws in ?

Either way, there MAY be a way to sort it out. without resorting to buying a new part.

Just hope that the carb itself isn't the one that's stripped, and the HSN housing is. But if it is the carb that's stripped, you will definitely need a new carb as the best solution.

You could get it re-tapped? Although that may mess things up, or then again it may not.

if you re tap, you need an HSN to suit. Not an entirely good option.

DER ? me ? i think NOT !!!!!! LOL :hehe: :hehe:

Seriously though, if its the carb, it CAN be botched to hold until a new carb can be sourced. I know, i HAD to do it myself once. Funny, it tuned easier for some reason. ahh heck, who knows..........

thanks for all your input but I went ahead and bought a new one it was only 14.00 saves alot of hassel

thanks guys I spent the 14.00 and bought a new one