Stripped Hex Screw!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbayton88

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I received my pull start from HPI and when I started to take the roto start off I stripped the Hex screwon the roto start base plate. The screw is flush with the back of the engine and I dont see how I can get that off. I got the other 3 screws off without a problem even though they all had loctite on them. When I went to remove the 2nd screw it stripped almost right away. BTW I was using the cheap HPI tool set that came with the truck. Is there anyway to get this off? I'm assuming I have to drill into the hex head and take it out that way but since its so close to the internal parts of engine I dont want to mess it up

Take some jb weld, a cheap allen wrench, and just jb weld it in the stripped hole, once it sets up you should be able to remove the screw with no problem.

so put some jb wled in the hold of the screw then put the allen wrench in and let it sit? Will that allow it to still turn without breaking the wrench

You will have to let it harden, thats why I said to get a cheap throw away allen wrench, it will be affixed to the screw.

I think they sell easy out kids at the hardware store.. try them too..

Ok thanks guys I got it out. I bought a screw extractor from Sears and it fixed the problem in about 2 mins

Back