Strip paint off lexan body?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.hb71

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
How do I do this? I heard brake fluid works but makes it brittle?

You can use acetone or paint thinner. Ensure to follow manufacturers safety recommendations for eyes, skin, respiratory, etc. when utilizing these products. Place a small amount on a rag or paper towel and begin rubbing the surface of the paint gently until you can see the lexan. Make sure to do a test spot first and see how the shell reacts to the chemical. Always flush the area with soap and water when done. Keep in mind these chemicals can haze the lexan, so use sparingly. Good luck.

at hardware store you can get "GOOF OFF" latex paint remover. use sparingly but will take paint off and not hurt plastic.

at hardware store you can get "GOOF OFF" latex paint remover. use sparingly but will take paint off and not hurt plastic.
Thanks. I'll try this out ?

Dot 4 brake fluid so far i think is about the safest way (havent tried "goof off" though. you will get some haze on the lexan from using the dot4 but will take the paint off.

same with GOOF OFF.Nitro is right will haze lexan. wouldn't it be easier to just get the body you want? You still have to buy paint and all.
it would cost as much to strip it as it would to buy another body.

same with GOOF OFF.Nitro is right will haze lexan. wouldn't it be easier to just get the body you want? You still have to buy paint and all.
it would cost as much to strip it as it would to buy another body.
Unless Zee got another rig, I believe he is talking about a 1/5 scale, where the bodies are a bit more spendy, another reason is some bodies are really rare/hard to find.

Ok I managed to sqeaze a new body into my build budget. So now no need to strip the paint, but thanks for all the suggestions guys ?

What body you going with?
Stock, only type i like. It's a Baja 5b. There's a couple of aftermarket ones which in my opinion are horrible looking.