storm sut ce

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrwill

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
haven't really heard anything about the storm sut why is that? do they suck? are they old tech? all I hear about is how great the jammin is and how nobody wants one b/c everyone else has one. I was looking at the storm sut ce, looks like a nice price, I already have a decent radio etc... has anybody got any exp. with one of these? are they junk, can they be raced without breaking the bank? by the way this is not a comparison with the jammin or anyother truggy except in the vaguest way... so advice like get the jammin it rules is not what I am asking lol. things like it is a tank or really fast are the things I am looking for. you know, Looks like a fish, moves like a fish, steers like a cow. (HHG)
thanks guys

Gs Sut

I own a Jammin' CRT..

I've seen the GS SUT CE and they are wicked. I like the overall design, the chassis braces are similar in design to those on an XRay XB8.
I think the GS has the scope to perform verry well in the right hands. Out our regional Nitrux meeting in April (here in the UK) I saw the GS Storm buggies race, these share a lot of parts with the SUT CE. They performed very well, with both GS drivers making the A Final - bear in mind this was a regional meeting that counted toward the National Series, so there were some heavy hitters racing.

I spent a little time in the GS pit area and the only issue they were having was with the diffs. The crown & pinions were slipping and one of the diffs had failed outright. Being GS drivers they had spares.
Nothing too serious, but this is something you may want to keep in mind as the Storm and SUT share thier drivetrain components.

In the UK the GS won't succeed as a majority of the hobby shops won't keep the kits or any spares. They seem to be focussed on Hong Nor (Jammin'), TTR, XRay, HoBao and Maxx/Savage type trucks.
It's a pity as the GS products seem to have all the right stuff. From my perspective they are well designed and manufactured.

screw it, I bought one. if it stinks it is all your fault mondo! lol

you are such a bad person, tried to get rid of that thing on e-bay, 2 non paying bidders so far. I am cursed!! and it is your fault, I don't know how but it is.

MrWill, we're brothers from different mothers, man! My .28 is sitting on the shelf in time out, until it can behave itself! I take full responsibility...The Monkey Wrench curse strikes again!

well you see, it is 95% driver, 5% vehicle, so my 5% better be great, cause my 95% sucks lol

its a great trug, dont feel like u need a long arm deal to get the job done. go thru the team article on settin up ur SUT for racing and have fun. longer trug is more important than a wider trug. enjoy.

-ult

man do I hate rtr's should have saved the cash and got the pro kit, 7th tank into it and these are the parts broken.
radio
reciever
steering servo
dang I guess it is not my week. anybody know a good steering servo??

Hitec 645 is a great steering servo, if you want to get the digital form, Hitec 5645.

mrwill said:
man do I hate rtr's should have saved the cash and got the pro kit, 7th tank into it and these are the parts broken.
radio
reciever
steering servo
dang I guess it is not my week. anybody know a good steering servo??
LMAO!! Are you sure they broke or was it more like you "wanted" them to break in order to upgrade? Regardless, if I ever get all my parts for my storm to get it complete I will run that rig for a bit. I have yalways like the GS storm simply as it is durable for my style driving and not too expensive to replace.

Look at a Synth TX and RX if your budget will allow. A decent steering servo for that IMO is the 94538 by Airtronics. Speed and torque.
Good luck.

Jon

I have the Hitec 645 in my SUT and it works just fine. It's the front cv's that you will break most often. We ended up doing a major mod to get around the problem which caused other parts to break so I put the stock GS cv's back in. They are a great truggy with the proper diff and shock fluids rioght out of the box, even with the stock engine.
Just about any fm rx/tx is better than the stock one in the rtr version. I've yet to convert to synth with my 20 model memory Hitec Aggressor tx although many have.