Storm Diff....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bustedgears

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My LHS is trying to screw people on everything, so..... I'm not shopping there anymore.

The front diff on my storm is shot, is there any other brand diff that will fit it so that I don't have to buy those expensive gears?

Check Kimbrough but I doubt it, order direct from GS if you can't find it. Stormer carries GS and Tower does too now.

Also, Kyosho MP6 gears will fit... Same exact things.

Part numbers;
BS036 (Large, 2, $2.49)
BS037 (Small, 4, $1.99)

The "ring and pinion" gears, I think an MP6 will work as well on those.

Hope that helps!

When it comes to diff gears I see there are thin bevel gears like Mugen/Xray/Kyosho(newer ones) then there's the bevel gears that are fatter on the bottom part OFNA/GS/7.5 gears.....I may have taken a gamble a few times by not counting the teeth and making sure it was the same but I've never had an issue going by that description I just gave...get the hardened OFNA set and use those.....cost about 20 shipped for the whole internal gear set for yours....works great...I use em in my truggy center diff (it's from a GS Storm)....

he is needing the ring and pinion.. the lhs wanted 22 + bux for just the ring..!!!

I would imagine if the internal gears are the same then the Diff unit would have to be similar too...I'm sure there's only a few companies making the same stuff to be re-branded by manufacturers as "their product".....you should bring in the broken diff to the LHS and try matching it up if you didn't already try.......if the guy acts like a peepee cause you want to improvise then I say fiddlesticks em.....

I think the ebay thing is the way to go. I don't want to have the gears different, so for ~$30 for the whole damn diff, why not. thanks for the find.

Back