Storing your rig??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtboogie

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
When putting up your rig after a run and after a brief cleaning, how should you store it? What I mean is should you just let it sit on the tires on a shelf or should you have something under the chassis and let the wheels hang as in not touching anything? I ask this because I have seen mixed answers on this question in the past and mainly I ask for preserving the life of your shocks.

You can either take the tires off and sit the kit on top of the tires so your tires dont get lop sided and your shocks will be fully extended. or you can take the wheels and hang your kits on the wall. either way works.

You can either take the tires off and sit the kit on top of the tires so your tires dont get lop sided and your shocks will be fully extended. or you can take the wheels and hang your kits on the wall. either way works.

+1, thats what I have been doing but have purchased a range rifle stand that looks like a hobby stand so I am using that now.

so storing a rig like this would be incorrect ?

Last edited:
Thats fine too...as long as theres no pressure on the tires and the shocks are fully extended. Thats the two main goals.

Its the same concept I used when storing my MX bike, keep both wheels off the ground and any pressure off of the suspension as it would help preserve the life of the seals.

Back