Storing you nitro truck/car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmarcet85

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys got a question for ya I have 6 nitro trucks and I always try to run each one atleast once a week but as my fleet keeps growing this is getting more difficult to do especially in the winter months. So I decided to turn my savage into the year round basher and I'm going to put the others on the self for the winter months. So I'm wondering what you guys think the best procedure is to store a nitro truck/engine for 3 plus months. All feedback is greatly appreciated and welcome. Thanks for your time Joe

Cycle some good aro through the engines, put a boot over the carb and fuel inlet, remove the batteries and make sure to leave some aro inside the engine, I like to operate the carb when dropping in drops of aro so as to make sure all that is protected as well.

I dismantle the engine completely to clean it, then I re-assemble it while lubing the necessary parts. It's the perfect time to inspect your engine.

Back