Stock servo saver Q.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candyman

'Cuse is in the house!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was hoping to swap out my stock Traxxas steering servo for my old standby Hitec HS605MG Super Torque metal gear unit. The problem is that when I went to put it on, I found the servo saver is too loose. It seems the output shaft on the Traxxas servo is bigger than the output shaft on my Hitec. Soooooo.......

Is there a way to fit the Hitec servo in WITHOUT having to buy a different servo saver? Are there supposed to be other inserts for different brands? Or do I have to buy new?

Most of the time there are different inserts, but Iv only seen them when you buy a new servo. You could email hitec and see if you can get one from them.

You should be able to get the servo inserts at your LHS. They may have some laying about that they would be willing to part with for free (they aren't that expensive to begin with), but they do normally come with the servo saver when you buy it new; which is something you might want to consider. If you are going with a stronger more expensive servo (which I'm betting that your HiTec is on both counts), then you might want to go with a better/new servo saver. Just a thought...

Last edited:
When you get your servo saver you should get 3 inserts ( F H A )

Futaba
HiTec
AirTronics

Kimbrough Servo Savers (HiTorque SS) come with all 3 inserts. Like Sky said, LHS prob has some laying around.

I run the HiTec 5645mg Digi Steel Gear servo and love it!

Back