Steering system lubricantion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennettironman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Lubrication question RC Talk,

Just doing a steering service on my Buggy,
Noticed steering linkage is quite tight on the rotating points....what can I use to offer lubrication to a metal bush into a plastic steering arm/rod so I can get a more freedom of movement ?
Grease ? Oil ?
Was thinking of using some light Scotchbrite and smoothing off the bush slightly.
Any ideas welcome

Noticed steering linkage is quite tight on the rotating points....what can I use to offer lubrication to a metal bush into a plastic steering arm/rod so I can get a more freedom of movement ?
Grease ? Oil ?
Was thinking of using some light Scotchbrite and smoothing off the bush slightly.
Any ideas welcome
Since its most likely an exposed part Id use some type of dry lube like CowRC's Moo-Slick so it doesn't attract a bunch of dirt. You can also check in to replacing the bushings with bearings.

steering linkage should never have any resistance, check parts to see if something is bent, I've used Zmax for years its a micro lube. can be applied with a tooth pick but I put less than a drop on all my steering parts every joint and its smooth as silk

Grease ? Oil ?
Any ideas welcome
The steering should be smooth as slik. With no hang ups or drag.. like TNT said go over all linkage make sure nothing is slightly bent.. for lubrication I use 3n1 dry lube.. Definitely want a dry lub.. the dry lub won't attract dirt dust or anything in that matter..

Back