steering issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerbar

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
if i put the rc on the floor with the truck not rolling it does not have enough servo / batery power to turn the wheels so i got a 5 cell niph bat. and a 208 oz/in. servo but when they came in i saw right off that the servo "horn" (i think thats what it's called = the top pcs on the servo with the splines) is not the same size. it's smaller, do you know of a servo saver that would fit ? it's the same size as the other two servos on the truck. thank you

my luck (or stupidty)

i tried traxxas servo 2055 with same result, than ordered one from ppp servo, that is the one that does not fit servo saver . (i did'nt know there was dif. sizes and spline counts on the servos) so i need to find a servo saver now. yee-paa

go to your LHS and buy the servos there. my store set me up with what i needed including a servo saver adapter

i tried traxxas servo 2055 with same result, than ordered one from ppp servo, that is the one that does not fit servo saver . (i did'nt know there was dif. sizes and spline counts on the servos) so i need to find a servo saver now. yee-paa

Got a link to it? We may be able to help... or, just take your time and count the splines.

This took me to the servo I think:
http://www.powerplusproservos.com/

Seems to be the only thing offered on that site.

Considering the specs... they look identical to the TowerPro MG995, which is a cheapy servo. If I were you, I'd hit ebay.

TowerPro MG995 Servo

I have one in my jato. It's not high end by any means, but it's pretty strong and quick. Doesn't center very well and wanders a bit when you turn your wheel from lock to lock. It overshoots a bit, then comes back. Still, it's quick enough, strong enough and accurate enough for a basher like myself. I wouldn't try and use one in an onroad vehicle because of the wander it has and the on-road cars are much more precise, so it would twitch all over a track.

Considering that ebay auction is a BIN @ $22.50 with free shipping... FOR 2!!!, I'd definitely go ebay!

If you do go either route, I highly suggest you set your EPA's to be a bit short of mechanical lock so as not to bust the servo or steering parts when it overshoots a bit.

By the way, that ebay link I posted for the MG995 says it's a Futaba splined servo.

Last edited:
olds97 thanks for your time and input , i'll put it to good use

update

i got in touch with the supplier and he says not to use a servo saver due to the fact that it's bullet proof . :ponder2: anyways i ordered a s.saver from kimbrough. tks 4 d help

Yeah... you get a servo that is stout and without a saver you will break turnbuckles and steering components. Well, that's if the servo doesn't shred or strip the horn on you first. You should always run some sort of saver. Glad you decided to.

Back