Starting T-maxx 2.5 after 10 years what needs to be done?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gns4me

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi All,

I have a T-max that I put away before I got married 10 years ago. When I put it away it was out of gas and just left it in my basement. What do I have to do to get it started. I have no clue about these things.

Just for kicks I put old traxass gas I had sitting on the shelf to see what it would do. I see the flywheel rotating that's about it. Doesn't even want to try and crank over. Is there batteries on the truck itself that needs to be replaced?

Thanks
Joe

A new glow plug, fresh fuel for starters, charged EZ start & TX/RX batteries help too.

You should probably give it a short burst of WD40 down the carb & GP hole & then hold it up side down & turn it over to help flush any old gunk out of the engine.

New 3.3 engine, fresh fuel and some batteries for the radio and receiver should do it!:D

Fresh fuel tubing. Don't forget to inspect your O ring :hehe:
Fuel lid mostly, and carb and exhaust if you suspect they're weathered..

PLEASE! Do NOT try to start it until you have inspected EVERYTHING!
If the carb sticks open you'll lose it or hurt someone with it if you don't throw the rod first.
All new batteries, then check servos for travel and adjustment. Make sure the steering is good as well as the throttle and brake. Make sure the carb movement is smooth and unrestricted.
Check the radio range.
Have the nose up against something when you start it. Make sure you have a good idle before running it on the ground.

PRAY.
then check your bank account and decide how important this is.

seriously What rolex said is critical.

luckily u can still buy parts for that series.
pretty minor changes to the design.

Back