Starter box question????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnelson_1976

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Can you convert a RB Concept C5 from bump starter to pull or rotor start? Don't have a bump box and are quite expensive for a poor fellow like myself. Any help would be appreciated. This is for a Jammin' X1 CRT w/ RB Cencept C5 motor. Also are all starter boxes universal or would i need one made by OFNA to fit the Jammin'? Thank you.

Can you convert a RB Concept C5 from bump starter to pull or rotor start? Don't have a bump box and are quite expensive for a poor fellow like myself. Any help would be appreciated. This is for a Jammin' X1 CRT w/ RB Cencept C5 motor. Also are all starter boxes universal or would i need one made by OFNA to fit the Jammin'? Thank you.

I poked around a bit but didn't find anything definitive about switching the C5 to a pull or roto start. Looking at the replacement rod/crank/pins it looks like it's the same as my V-Spec .21... bump start only since there's no hole for a roto/pull start pin to sit.

Most starter boxes are Universal or adjustable enough to fit. You can pick up an okay starter box for around $40-ish if you look hard. Check with your LHS or any local rc'ers and see if they have a used one they'd let go cheap.

Here are a few more detailed pics maybe be easier to see. Thank you for the reply.

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4505.jpg

IMG_4510.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

If you could take off the backplate so we could see the conrod it'd be easier to determine if it's designed to be able to take a pullstart/roto start pin.

I will take the backplate off tonight and then post pics. What am I lookng for behind the backplate? Can you'all recommend any decent starter boxes for the 40-ish as stated earlier. Thank you.

Back