Standpede 2wd Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron030886

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Stampede 2wd Question

Today, I'am getting the Stampede 2wd. Was wondering what I should go ahead and buy extra while I'am there?

Last edited:
generally u only need to buy what you break, u might get lucky (or not drive it hard enough) to not have to replace anything :p so buying anything will be pointless. providing its RTR

---------- Post added at 9:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:38 PM ----------

in saying that some people might recommend buying some things that are known to break etc. but learn by trial and error and you wont do it again.... and if you have to go down to LHS to get a part you'll think about what your doing next time instead of just, oh i already have one, throw it in, oh crap it broke again.

The more battery packs the better. Spur gears. Watch your motor bolts. They like to come loose, ruining gear mesh and taking the spur gear out.

Blue LocTite (#244) will help keep the bolts from backing out easily. A good charger is a must.

Thanks for all the replies! I did run it today, and I must say, I will be upgrading to the brushless, and lipos... lol I need more speed!!! and running time!!!! lol That's the next big spedingture though.. lol Overall though.. This is not a bad truck. I kinda like it. : )

From what I have heard, they are a pretty durable rig. Been contemplating picking one up for myself.

My 5 yr old has one...great rig for the young ones...just dont let them hit a curb wide open :)....we fixed it though

The Pede is a nice RIG I have been thinking of getting the nitro pede for myself.. I already have a Traxxas 4-tech & T-MAXX but overall a good RIG

traxxas seem to be pretty good all round. its how you treat your car at the end of the day. in saying that, some do take a beating better than others sometimes.

id get some rpm or aluminum caster blocks and some better king pins...

I'm going to be getting myself some RPM shock spring retainers (mine popped off while I was just bashing around in a field!), the RPM links and carriers. In the very near future, I'm going to upgrade to the ball bearings instead of bushings since I have the xl5 version.

Try Team Fast Eddy. Eddy is an old timer here and is a business supporter. He has good quality bearing kits. I use them on several of my RC vehicles and really like them.

Bearings make a huge difference over bushings. Rolling resistance is your enemy.

haha i got my pede 2wd a few mnth ago and its awesome! get the brushless and lipos for sure. also upgrade the plastic parts to rpm, and its a good idea to get some of the parts in aluminum, however that is a bit more expensive. ussualy over 20bux for parts, but well worth it, and thy look nice

Back