Stampede vs granite mega. My boys first truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own a mega granite and love it i bash the crap out of it and hardly broke any parts on it.

Id say they still make em because it cost them $2.50 to make and people buy them
They’re still using 90s tech in them! Phillips head screws and bronze bushings! Not even Wltoys uses bronze bushings and they’re dirt cheap.

Ok, so I have to admit the brushed Arrmas are better than the Brushed Traxxas kits. I wasn't aware of the phillips and the bushings. I've never owned a brushed RC except crawlers. If you compare the brushless Traxxas models vs the brushless Arrma models you dont have that issue.

The Traxxas 2wd rustler, bandit and stampede comes with fixed camber links, Philips screws and bushing in the hubs (bearings in the transmission). With the Slash 2wd it comes with adjustable camber and toe links with hex hardware and all bearings. On my rustler I converted all over to hex hardware (with a few Philips screws where I really don't do maintenance at) I did adjustable links and all bearings. Don't know why traxxas did this. Probably to cut down on manufacturing costs. The slash is more expensive than the other trx 2wd cars by about 40ish dollars I believe. I would agree with @pug with the durability on the arrmas vs traxxas even though I never had an arrma car before I seen videos where they try to break it and nothing broke. I don't know about aftermarket parts for the arrmas but I got a lot of after market brands on my traxxas cars. I would either go with a Stampede 4x4 or the kit version or the granite 4x4 (or 2wd and convert to 4x4 later down the road) 4wd will be easier to drive off road.
I think durability depends on what car you get and how the driver drives. Arrmas break and dont break. Traxxas breaks and dont break. Or its the car it self.

My boy is 2 and absessed with rc cars. Going to get him his first rc for christmas, want a hobby grade so it will last. Narrowed it down to a brushed stampede or the granite mega. The granite mega can be bought 2wd and converted to 4wd easily, or it can be bought as a 4wd. The slash is only in my price range that I'm willing to spend if its 2wd. Not sure how hard and exspensive they are to turn into 4wd later on. Which one is best bang for buck
If you go for a Granite, go for the cheapest, then slowly upgrade the parts. That's what I would do.

Just in case somebody else is looking for a robust car for a small child, I just got a Reely New 1 for my kid, 1/10, brushed motor, great tires and other key parts.

CF0640A8-9094-48DD-94E3-4FC86B204E26.jpeg

I guess this goes well with kids of 4+ age. It is a lot cheaper than the granite, I got it for about 140$ incl shipping as an RTR incl batteries. It has a brushed motor which is more than powerful enough for a kid of that age, you can upgrade it to brushless and there are tons of other upgrade options (that you don‘t need from my point of view but you can keep the kid and yourself busy if you like that).

Just in case somebody else is looking for a robust car for a small child, I just got a Reely New 1 for my kid, 1/10, brushed motor, great tires and other key parts.

View attachment 159120

I guess this goes well with kids of 4+ age. It is a lot cheaper than the granite, I got it for about 140$ incl shipping as an RTR incl batteries. It has a brushed motor which is more than powerful enough for a kid of that age, you can upgrade it to brushless and there are tons of other upgrade options (that you don‘t need from my point of view but you can keep the kid and yourself busy if you like that).
It's a cute truck! I like it!!

Back